Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)

Old 06-19-2013, 01:23 PM

Default Pro Tools Express Unable To Locate Hardware

Hello, I'm using Pro Tools Express v. 10.3.4 with a USB Mbox. I'm running Windows 7 Professional on my laptop.

Whenever I start up Pro Tools Express, the loading bar reaches DAE loaded before the "Unable to Locate Hardware" message pops up (the Mbox is plugged in, of course). It worked fine for a few weeks, then this problem came up suddenly and hasn't gone away. Audio still plays when I attach headphones to the Mbox, and it seems to work in every way other than allowing me to access Pro Tools Express.

I've tried reinstalling drivers and the program, nothing has worked so far. Is there anything else I can do?
Old 06-21-2013, 07:00 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Express Unable To Locate Hardware

Uninstall PT then reinstall but when you have to connect the hardware use a different USB port.

Also have you made any other recent changes to your computer?