Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 01-18-2018, 12:38 PM

Default Digilink Licenses ....

Dear Avid tell your phone reps that when I have a digidesign 192 and I am upgrading to spending a few thousand on an HDX card and software I do not expect have pay another $300 for Digilink license. I had to get on the phone for an hour to argue with the rep for a Digilink license for my 192's. The rep do NOT help me even thought I am paying for support. My dealer had to step in and send me a code for Digilink license - then to add insult to injury The Avid rep wanted the code from me to "see" if was legit. I work in high end multi room facility and DO EXPECT TO TREATED THIS WAY. We have 20 HDX+ systems with multiple Avid and Digidesign interfaces and control surfaces. I know how it works - I should not have educate your phone reps .....
Old 01-18-2018, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Digilink Licenses ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmixer View Post
Dear Avid tell your phone reps that when I have a digidesign 192 and I am upgrading to spending a few thousand on an HDX card and software I do not expect have pay another $300 for Digilink license. I had to get on the phone for an hour to argue with the rep for a Digilink license for my 192's. The rep do NOT help me even thought I am paying for support. My dealer had to step in and send me a code for Digilink license - then to add insult to injury The Avid rep wanted the code from me to "see" if was legit. I work in high end multi room facility and DO EXPECT TO TREATED THIS WAY. We have 20 HDX+ systems with multiple Avid and Digidesign interfaces and control surfaces. I know how it works - I should not have educate your phone reps .....
A Pro Tools DigiLink I/O license is included with new HD interfaces or HD software upgrades starting with the 12.6 release. Trying to look into this for you but can't find a support case based on your User Name or Email Address. Do you have a case #? Thanks.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:06 PM

too late read my post my dealer had to step in and solve the case as the Avid Rep was not willing to help. Avid grandfathered in Digilink licenses for existing Digi 192/Avid I/O users when purchasing new HD licenses too bad the phone reps have not been communicated this information. Dealers seem to know all about it.
This is what happens when you have out-sourced your customer service to Salesforce so you end up talking with someone on the phone that has no idea what pro tools is they are simply reading from a script. At that point you may as well be calling Mickey Mouse at Disneyland. I remember back in the say when you called Digidesign the the support staff was not only a Digi employee but and actual user of the product. I can for the life of why Avid calls it ExpertPlus Support Plan sorry but talking to guy then arguing with me saying the dealer is wrong accusing me of having invalid Digilink code is wrong wrong wrong on so many levels. FWIW with ExpertPlus Support Plan I should not be talking to someone whose grasp on the product I am using is non-existent, I expect to be talking with an Expert .
Old 01-18-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
too late read my post my dealer had to step in and solve the case as the Avid Rep was not willing to help. Avid grandfathered in Digilink licenses for existing Digi 192/Avid I/O users when purchasing new HD licenses...
As stated in the KB I linked to, a DigiLink license was provided to users with an active Pro Tools HD Upgrade and Support Plan, bought a new HD interface, or bought a Pro Tools HD Upgrade and Support Plan Reinstatement starting on 9/28/2016. This is why I'm trying to review your case... to understand the details of your transaction and see why they did not think you qualified.
Quote:
This is what happens when you have out-sourced your customer service to Salesforce...
Salesforce is just the CRM platform we use, they are not handling support. Our reps are human, and if one of them made a mistake with this case then we should address that. Case # please?
Old 01-23-2018, 06:13 PM

there was no case because the rep Gerard Sansom would even help us out ....
Old 01-24-2018, 09:26 AM
Avid

Quote:
there was no case because the rep Gerard Sansom would even help us out ....
Can you give us the time and date you contacted support so we could investigate on this? Thank you
Old 02-02-2018, 10:29 AM

January 8, 2018 approx 2:00 PM Pacific Time