Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2012, 08:35 AM

Unhappy Protools could not Initialize...

Hi all!
Has anyone had the (Protools could not Initialize the current playback device. Please make sure that the device has been configured correctly)message?

I have been running protools 10 with my M-audio projectmix for over six months now without too many issues (other than the occasional loss of communication between the Projectmix and protools which just requires a reboot)

Any ideas? I am totaly locked out of my protools sessions and cant even get running with my old m-box 2 (same message)

Cheers.

Hi all

The avid knowledge base showed me how to get by the above problem and open my sessions.

Thanks.

Last edited by davie1; 07-12-2012 at 09:03 AM. Reason: update