Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2012, 04:19 PM

Default screen configuration

hi guys...can anyone please help me...im having problems with getting pro tools back onto my screen...the problem started when i had pro tools opened...first i accidently dragged my rob papen plug-in out of screen view and cant retrieve it...then the same thing happened with the session window...and now i cant find either rob papen plug-in or pro tools...they are off the screen...could it be something to do with the config/setup between pro tools and windows...and how do i solve this???please help!!thanx...:)
Old 03-15-2012, 04:32 PM

Default Re: screen configuration

have you tried changing your screen resolution to something larger so you can see more of your deskspace. You can then grab the windows and put them in the center so you can get to them when you go back to your regular resolution.

Chris

http://soundcloud.com/regenerationmix

http://twitter.com/regenerationmix

MacBook Pro, 2.4GHZ, 16GB, Intel Core i7, Mac OS 10.9.1 128 SSD internal HD, 750 GB Internal HD, Pro Tools 10.3.8, Digidesign 003r, Waves 8.0, Final Cut Pro 7
Old 03-15-2012, 07:03 PM

Right click just to the left of the clock on the taskbar, then choose tile windows and they should all show up starting in the upper left corner of your screen.

Then arrange them however you want to...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 03-16-2012, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegenerationMix View Post
have you tried changing your screen resolution to something larger so you can see more of your deskspace. You can then grab the windows and put them in the center so you can get to them when you go back to your regular resolution.

Chris
hej chris...the problem is i was already at max resolution 1920x1080 when the problem occurred...i dont know if you can use this info but the mouse also dissappears off screen and takes a while for the pointer to come back into the screen...i know that when i open pro tools that its there somewhere...i just need to get it back into screen view...have you got any other suggestions...thanx tony trojak, denmark
Old 03-16-2012, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post
Right click just to the left of the clock on the taskbar, then choose tile windows and they should all show up starting in the upper left corner of your screen.

Then arrange them however you want to...
hi bill...ive tried that at max resolution 1920x1080 but still nothing happens...have you got any other suggestions...thanx tony trojak, denmark...
Old 03-16-2012, 10:32 AM

if you can go off the edge with the mouse, sounds like you or someone has it setup for multiple monitors. Can you attach a second monitor? I have a dual monitor setup and if i leave my external monitor off, any windows that were open on it dont show. I have two choices then.

First is to mouse over in the dark and try to grab where the top of the window is and grab it blind and pull it over, or connect/ turn on the external monitor and then get the window and drag it to my main window.

Chris

http://soundcloud.com/regenerationmix

http://twitter.com/regenerationmix

MacBook Pro, 2.4GHZ, 16GB, Intel Core i7, Mac OS 10.9.1 128 SSD internal HD, 750 GB Internal HD, Pro Tools 10.3.8, Digidesign 003r, Waves 8.0, Final Cut Pro 7