Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2012, 01:58 AM

Default Transfuser Crashes Session

My system works perfectly...until I use Transfuser (with my own samples).

Anyone else noticed that Transfuser crashes sessions a lot? e.g. when you drag user audio from the browser...

-------
Mac OS 10.6.4/ PT 9.0.6/ Mac Pro 8-core/ PTIEP/ 16 Gigs RAM
Old 03-23-2012, 09:04 PM

Unhappy Re: Transfuser Crashes Session

Yes, I'm having this issue as well. In pt9 I used transfuser's drum pads to drag and drop external samples from my workspace window without issue to create custom drum kits. Now when I do the same thing in pt10, pro tools just crashes straight away and shuts down. When using the transfuser built in kits, it works fine.

As a result, I'm having to use structure to set up custom kits right now, which is ok, but you don't have the same processing tools (eq, compression etc) right at your finger tips for each individual sample as you do in transfuser, you have to set up several instances of the same kit for each sound if you want to use the onboard fx for processing in structure, so it's a bit slower and drains the resources a bit more.

I have taken some advice and trashed the transfuser prefs and even removed and re-installed transfuser, usually with the same results. Is anyone else having this issue?

Does anyone at Avid have a solution for this?

I have saved the crash log if it's of any use to anyone.