Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2007, 11:07 AM

Default regions into separate audio files..?

I recently picked up the classic Bob Clearmountain drum samples CD for use in the studio. As some of you may know, this sample collection is in AUDIO file format. I have not had a problem importing the audio tracks into Pro Tools and slicing up all the different drum hits on each track into regions. What I AM having a problem with, however is getting all of my separated regions into a usable form outside of the session. Ideally, I’d like them to be in .wav format. Is there a way to convert each region within a Pro Tools session to a .wav file and have it show up in the “audio files” folder on the hard drive? If so, I could do that, and then copy/paste all those audio files to my ‘sample’ hard drive and be good to go.

It seems like there has to be an easy way to get this done. If anyone knows of a simple way to do so, please let me know!

Any help in appreciated. Thanks!
Old 07-22-2007, 12:46 PM

Default Re: regions into separate audio files..?

Once the audio is in a PT session, it is already in WAV form(unless you do your sessions in AIFF format). You can use the "Export to" function and send the files to a new folder. Use Tab to Transient to cut exactly on the leading edge of each drum hit and you can rename the region(and file) in PT to make it easier to keep track of the regions(double-click on a region brings up the rename option).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 07-25-2007, 10:16 AM

thanks for the reply! i went back into pro tools and highlighted some of the regions. when i went to use the file->export feature, it would NOT let me. the 'export' feature was in the scroll down menu, but it was dark and not an option. the 'import' option would have worked just fine, but not export.

i hope that makes sense.

is there any reason for that, or ways to fix it?
Old 07-25-2007, 10:41 AM

Try "Export Regions as files" from the region list.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 07-26-2007, 04:53 PM

thank you spkguitar! that's exactly the function i was looking for. worked perfectly and now i'm enjoying the samples!