Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Worth it to add DSP Farm Card??

Hello all ...
Our system is Mix core and one DSP Farm PT 6.4.1 and Mac G4 933. The engineer needs to use more TDM plug ins.
If we add another DSP farm ( currently on the the shelf needing upgrade ) how many more TDM plug ins will this allow us to run?

If we do go ahead and add this card we'll have to use a MAGMA PCI expansion chassis forcing us to move our MIX, MiroMotion and ATTO cards around to make room ( aarrg what a nightmare ) . Please advise.

Thanks
Joel
Old 01-05-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Worth it to add DSP Farm Card??

One (OLD) DSP Farm should give you approx 4 more plugin's depending on the plug. A Mix Farm approx 6 more.
As for the expansion chassis, I kept both my SCSI and Miro card in the Mac and just put the PT cards in the expansion. I found this worked best especially for the Miro card.

Hope this helps
Rod
Old 01-05-2005, 06:17 PM

Default Re: Worth it to add DSP Farm Card??

If you need an expansion chassis, drop me an email. I've got two 13 slot Magma chassis that were used with MIX systems on G4s. You should be able to find a DSP Farm used for $200-50. I believe the upgrade cost is $120, just to keep it in perspective.