How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2012, 07:42 AM

Default Update support

Hello to all,

I am a newbie and have not been very satisfied with my AVID Products. I have recently purchased an M-Audio Fast Track Pro and at first, had cracking and static when I would start up and I would have to turn off several times and restart to get a clear sound. Returned the interface (exchange) at the dealer and that problem went away. Have been doing some home recordings to learn how to use the software and unit, not user friendly. After taking a couple of classes at the store I purchases the unit (classes not for this software) after being told it would cover Pro-Tools. Had to stay after and ask certain questionspertaining to my software. I was directed to download a couple of add ons (Amplitube) from the insructor in the store. Now I have lost the line titles (GUITAR 1) or (MIC 2). it has now made the titles A1-A2, which i really dont care it is only a wor, however when recording I see the meter window indicating sound when the instrument or voice is inputing however when I start to record the pink indicator moves across as before but nothing records. Not trying to earn money with the system just wanting to record my own music. Any help would be very appreciated. I have looked for groups in my area to meet with and network to learn tips and processes, but I have not found any that were not 500 bucks. I am in to this now for around 700 bucks and am kinda leary of putting anymore money into this with the results I have currently.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:15 AM

Default Re: Update support

Yes, learning Pro Tools is the first step. You can't just open it as a new user and get worthwhile results.

There are many lessons on the web, both free and paid. Even YouTube has many free lessons. The manual is perhaps a good place to start.

Good luck.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:04 PM

And then groove3 has the PT nine version of their instructional video

It's really helpful talks about everything from opening a session to bit depth recording midi and audio - mixing and all the like

I think it's only 30 bucks something like that - that's probably the best place to start - judging from what you're saying there're other resources but that will probably get you the most bang for your buck

Hey you're this far in what's another 30 bucks right
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.