Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 04-06-2012, 08:48 AM

Question "Red boxes" around plug-in parameters?

Hi!

I'm using Pro Tools 10 together with the Behringer Bcf-2000 control surface in HUI-emulation mode. Everything is working fine, except for one small thing that's bugging me.. My plug-ins show these "red boxes" around certain parameters.

I understand that this probably has to do with the fact that I'm using a control surface, and I'm guessing that the red boxes are supposed to indicate wich plug-in parameters are currently controlled by the control surface. Is this correct? But since the Bcf2000 is not capable of plug-in-control these red boxes are completely useless in my case, and I think they look horrible. Is there any way to disable this feature so I don't have to see these boxes?

I greatly appreciate your help :)
/ Erik
Old 04-06-2012, 09:01 AM

Default Re: "Red boxes" around plug-in parameters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik318 View Post
Is there any way to disable this feature so I don't have to see these boxes?
Get rid of your control surface and they'll go away, that's pretty much your only recourse.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:40 AM

Quote:
My plug-ins show these "red boxes" around certain parameters.
This sounds like you have plug-in automation enabled on some of the plug-in parameters.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 04-09-2012, 06:15 AM

Question Re: "Red boxes" around plug-in parameters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
This sounds like you have plug-in automation enabled on some of the plug-in parameters.

Shane
Hi! Thank you for your reply. No, I am not using plug-in automation. And the boxes go away if I remove the controller from the MIDI-controllers list - but then I obviously can't use the controller any more! :)

I understand that the plug-in parameters are supposed to have blue boxes around them if you use a HUI-controller with plug-in control to indicate which parameter you are currently tweaking (just like the blue boxes around the track names that show which tracks are currently controlled by the control surface), but I don't understand why the boxes are red? Is this something that all Bcf2000-users have to deal with? It's not really the end of the world, and I can still work with it, but it's kind of annoying to see these boxes around every other parameter for no reason I wish there could be some option to disable this "feature".

Again, thank you for your help!
/ Erik
Old 04-09-2012, 06:43 AM

Hi Erik,

In the Plug-in window, klick on the Plug-in Automation enable button while holding the command key. There is a list of function which should pop up. I don't know what these parameters actually provokes, but perhaps it helps in your case.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crustn View Post
Hi Erik,

In the Plug-in window, klick on the Plug-in Automation enable button while holding the command key. There is a list of function which should pop up. I don't know what these parameters actually provokes, but perhaps it helps in your case.

Hi! This is strange: if I change anything in that list the red boxes go away and all looks well. However, the next time I open up the plug-in the red boxes reappear. So I would need to go into this menu everytime I open a plug-in window to get rid of the boxes.. is this some kind of bug perhaps?

/Erik
Old 04-09-2012, 12:47 PM

Wink Re: "Red boxes" around plug-in parameters?

Quote:
I understand that the plug-in parameters are supposed to have blue boxes around them if you use a HUI-controller
Yeah idk about 10 but for 9 that is correct i have blue boxes around the parameters that are CS controlable.........

Did they change the color.......or is it still blue in 10? which would make your case extreemly wierd b/c you have red...????

Maybe they are clipping with the HUI control....... ;-)
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.

Last edited by YYR123; 04-09-2012 at 12:48 PM. Reason: whoops
Old 08-24-2018, 01:42 AM

Just wondering if anyone has found a solution to this. Just got an old Faderport which has this issue. Seems to happen with Waves plugins.
Old 09-22-2018, 05:25 PM

Could it be red to indicate that it's a parameter that your particular controller can't address but the controller it is emulating has the ability to address?
That would make sense for the "red" instead of "blue".