Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2012, 10:02 PM

Exclamation Fast Track wil not work!!

Okay, so I bought the Avid Recording Studio a few days ago. I have installed Pro Tools SE and the driver for the Fast Track. I can open up Pro Tools just fine, but when I try to record my guitar straight through the interface, I get no sound through the computer. No audio shows up on my computer at all. Even after I record, I can hear nothing. There is no "audio line (the line that 'peaks' when there is sound)" It is just a straight line. I have the "direct monitor" button pushed in. Is it because I don't have headphones that are 1/4 inch jack that fit into the interface? Because my friend has this same one and the recordings and audio can only be heard through the headphones. Please help!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 12:50 AM

Default Re: Fast Track wil not work!!

It maybe stupid to ask but are you record enabling the track. Also have you checked the I/O of that audio track to make sure that the track is actually getting audio from the correct input on the interface. Let me know if that helps.

-Brandon