Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2011, 05:38 PM

Thumbs down Just upgrade from PT9 to 10 : No perf improvement: not worth 299$ too expensive !!!

Really too expensive for 299$!!!
The upgrade should be free !!!
I thought that (viewing all the promotional videos on pt0 launch) upgrading from 9 to 10 will improve diskcash in ram. But apparently not ?!?!
It 's not for native version ??!!

Plus mc control v2 just failed and mc mix oled problem weeks ago (replaced). Cannot work seriously without interruption. Before pt I used sonar and cubase, wanted to go protools, and invest a lot in artists series.

AVID=
1. too much hardware problem (mc series are not reliables, no quality control).
2. Upgrades are Too expensives (PT9 to PT10 299$ is not justified)

And please don't tell me to buy c/24 or command or other controllers from Euphonix or upgrade to hdx fr the futur!
Making Music Should't be that expensive ! And when you buy gears that cost, supposed to be "pro", you should be able to work flawlessly, concentrate on your creation and not upgrading with money all the time with unstable hardware and software result!

Think of refund...for pt10 and go back to cubase and sonar

Cheers....(really not happy with AVID)!
Old 10-30-2011, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Just upgrade from PT9 to 10 : No perf improvement: not worth 299$ too expensive !

Agreed.
Waste of money, huge rip off.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Just upgrade from PT9 to 10 : No perf improvement: not worth 299$ too expensive !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98wildcat View Post
Agreed.
Waste of money, huge rip off.
Yeah ! And money is important, even more for customers like us that pay companies staff, because we pay and loose, but company side they earn!
Old 10-30-2011, 06:44 PM

Disk Cache feature is only for HD or CPT.

If I had not had a student version of Pro Tools 9, I might not have upgraded it to Pro Tools 10.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klyg View Post
Really too expensive for 299$!!!
The upgrade should be free !!!
I thought that (viewing all the promotional videos on pt0 launch) upgrading from 9 to 10 will improve diskcash in ram. But apparently not ?!?!
It 's not for native version ??!!

Plus mc control v2 just failed and mc mix oled problem weeks ago (replaced). Cannot work seriously without interruption. Before pt I used sonar and cubase, wanted to go protools, and invest a lot in artists series.

AVID=
1. too much hardware problem (mc series are not reliables, no quality control).
2. Upgrades are Too expensives (PT9 to PT10 299$ is not justified)

And please don't tell me to buy c/24 or command or other controllers from Euphonix or upgrade to hdx fr the futur!
Making Music Should't be that expensive ! And when you buy gears that cost, supposed to be "pro", you should be able to work flawlessly, concentrate on your creation and not upgrading with money all the time with unstable hardware and software result!

Think of refund...for pt10 and go back to cubase and sonar

Cheers....(really not happy with AVID)!
I'm sorry this is happening for you, but there's been a lot of good reviews from people that just got it. You might want to take a look and see if your system is to specs and tuned up for PT.

Wave-T.com
Old 10-30-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
I'm sorry this is happening for you, but there's been a lot of good reviews from people that just got it. You might want to take a look and see if your system is to specs and tuned up for PT.
Indeed... I've been working flawlessly with 10. Best release so far.

Maybe instead of griping you could post some system information so we or tech support could help you.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 10-30-2011, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post
Indeed... I've been working flawlessly with 10. Best release so far.

Maybe instead of griping you could post some system information so we or tech support could help you.
Dism you are one of just a very, very few fanboys on the PT10 wagon, seems very suspicious to me!

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 10-30-2011, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Johns View Post
Dism you are one of just a very, very few fanboys on the PT10 wagon, seems very suspicious to me!
Either your purposefully playing ostrich, or you're not reading the threads that actually say how people feel about pt 10 and like it.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=310524
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=310404
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=310065

just to show a few and there's more on the forum.

Wave-T.com
Old 10-31-2011, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Johns View Post
Are you planning on ever being useful?

I'm beginning to understand why new DTS doesn't like you very much.

Remember that this is a tech support forum, please. If we actually ask for help instead of just b*tching, maybe things will actually get done.

I am actually using Pro Tools 10, are you?

No?

Then you don't have an opinion of whether or not Pro Tools 10 is good or stable.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 10-31-2011, 12:31 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post
I'm beginning to understand why new DTS doesn't like you very much.