Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 08-15-2020, 07:44 AM

Default Re: Clearview, Evercast, Millicast, Etc.

Really useful info Hugh, thanks so much for putting it together and doing all that research.
It looks like Evercast is still the daddy.
I think I'll demo Sessionlink pro after what you've said, its more in my budget. I need some kind of solution asap. It doesn't look like the Covid situation is going away any time soon sadly.

Quote:
Hugh,
Where did you read about Evercast upcoming reduced Beta at $300?

Shhhhhh Marti! I guess that's a piece of insider info.
You can register to be the first to know about their Freelancer option release on the site, but it doesn't mention a price yet.
If it still has the low latency of its big brother I would go for that deal straight away!
Old 08-15-2020, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
Shhhhhh Marti! I guess that's a piece of insider info.
You can register to be the first to know about their Freelancer option release on the site, but it doesn't mention a price yet.
If it still has the low latency of its big brother I would go for that deal straight away!
Thanks for the update. I went to the Evercast site and saw this
https://www.evercast.us/plans
It's $199 a month.

I personally deal with Evercast directly so I don't go to their site but I reached out to them to see what the "Freelancer" option is and how it differs from the "Creative Studio Pro" that I use .
IMDB http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0401937/
Like everything in life, there are no guarantees just opportunities.
Old 08-15-2020, 12:49 PM

Quote:
It's $199 a month.
Wow! even better.
I wonder what they will cut out to justify such a massive price difference?
Please share if you're allowed, but I suppose it will be secret until they release?
Old 08-21-2020, 03:01 AM

Our facility has been using Clearview, it kinda works but we've had some very annoyed clients. Video can dropout briefly occasionally but audio sync is the main issue.

We have experimented with Zoom (on clients requests!) and its a disaster unsurprisingly

I will look into Evercast but sounds very expensive even for a top facility

There are two issues we have, firstly its that whatever we do we are reliant on clients' broadband speed which is often not good enough (we think this is the main source of Clearview sync issues as it varies). Secondly, is that most clients actually prefer the more primitive method of us sending a video with temp mix so they can watch it at a time convenient for them - but the issues with this are QT render time and admin of note swapping. This is where we are at now and to streamline this we are using Vision or Frame.io. Vision comes as part of our facilites OM so its a no brainer. We have project spaces setup for cleints, they only need one login for the duration of the series and you can attached notes (less elegant than frame.io) keep track of sign of versions etc.
Old 03-05-2021, 11:11 PM

Source Elements has updated Source-Live with a Low latency version it's now about a third of a second latency.
Old 03-06-2021, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh-H View Post
It comes in two parts "recording" and "video" which do audio and video in separate Chrome windows or tabs. The separate window/tab thing might be off-putting but it works fine, you get the audio running then switch to the video tab and you're good.

Sessionlink has also a "conference" mode which means audio and video are in one window. Quicker setup and easier for the client. Extra separate subscription cost though.
Old 01-19-2023, 08:31 AM

Old thread I know, but trying to respond to a client request and might need to take the plunge on one of these services.

My question is how does the video get out of Pro Tools and into the streaming pipeline? Is there a way to "present" the Pro Tools video window to the app?
Old 01-19-2023, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalscottyg View Post
Old thread I know, but trying to respond to a client request and might need to take the plunge on one of these services.

My question is how does the video get out of Pro Tools and into the streaming pipeline? Is there a way to "present" the Pro Tools video window to the app?
Follow up to this, I just did some testing with Source-Live Pro and it worked fairly well. I was able to capture the Pro Tools video window and send audio out via Aux I/O. I'm not sure I would use it for the most high profile real-time mix purposes, but for remote reviews and spotting, it should work great.
Old 01-19-2023, 11:21 AM

Scott, it's my understanding that SonoBus has now added VDONinja, although I can't find that information at sonobus.net. Not sure if VDO.ninja will do what you want. Both are free.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 01-19-2023, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
Scott, it's my understanding that SonoBus has now added VDONinja, although I can't find that information at sonobus.net. Not sure if VDO.ninja will do what you want. Both are free.
Thanks! I'll look into it. For now, Source Live Pro should be sufficient for my needs and is very reasonable at $45/month.