Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 01-25-2012, 07:40 AM

Default Protools 10 Rewire Client

Hi all,

I've just reinstalled a fresh copy of ProTools 10 on a new OS partition. Everything is working fine, with the exception that the Reason rewire insert is missing (this was all working on my previous install - a PT9 to PT10 upgrade). I've installed both Reason & Reaper, and have run them both up in standalone mode, which I believe sets up the appropriate rewire components. When I then bring up ProTools first, neither Reason nor Reaper then launch in Rewire slave mode, and consequently the Rewire insert is unavailable in ProTools. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

David
Old 01-25-2012, 08:55 AM

Default Re: Protools 10 Rewire Client

Are you sure that you have installed the 32bit versions of Reason and Reaper?

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 01-25-2012, 09:13 AM

Hi Tom.

Thanks for the response. I'm running Windows 7 sp1, 32-bit mode, so I presume both Reason & Reaper installers load 32 bit versions. I've checked the PT Rewire plug-in folder, and both DigiRewire.dpm and DigiRewire.dpm.rsr are present. When I launch Reaper in rewire slave mode, it displays the following "No mixer application appears to be running". I use rewire quite a bit, so I'm puzzled ... it was OK on my previous install.

Thanks,

David
Old 01-27-2012, 02:44 AM

Hi DTS,

Any ideas on this? I've done a repair reinstall of PT10, but no luck. I'm able to rewire Reason into Reaper, but can't rewire Reason or Reaper into PT10 - neither program sees PT10 as a rewire master. I'm inclined to conclude that this is a PT10 issue. Other than this, PT10 is running smoothly.

Any way I can diagnose this? What exactly do applications look for in a rewire master. Is there a registry entry missing?

Thanks,

David
Old 01-27-2012, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lang View Post
Hi DTS,

Any ideas on this? I've done a repair reinstall of PT10, but no luck. I'm able to rewire Reason into Reaper, but can't rewire Reason or Reaper into PT10 - neither program sees PT10 as a rewire master. I'm inclined to conclude that this is a PT10 issue. Other than this, PT10 is running smoothly.

Any way I can diagnose this? What exactly do applications look for in a rewire master. Is there a registry entry missing?

Thanks,

David
Just a thought, as I remember it when installing Reaper I had to select Rewire install. I did'nt install by default.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:18 AM

I tried FL Studio Rewired in PT10, but the processor usage is crazy... Even in small sessions (like 6-7 tracks in FL Studio) Once my computer froze completely and the solution was hard reset Any suggestions ?
Old 01-31-2012, 10:07 AM

I'm running PT10.0.1 and Reaper 4.151 (32bit). ReWire has never been smoother for me than it is now. I use it on most of the in-house sessions.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 02-01-2012, 09:19 AM

how do i check if rewire in install into Protools 10.02 ?

i can not seem to find it anywhere
I start PT then start Reason 6.02 and or Reaper 32 bit

and not rewire at in the the PT interface ??

please any help would be great Thanks
Old 02-07-2012, 08:39 AM

I install reason 5 and record 1.5 and NOW i get a record Input in Protools 10

I have no idea how or where the Reason 6 ( guessing 64 bit rewire driver is )
OR how to get the 32 bit or get it working for reason 6 ??

BUT i got a connection now and will keep you update IF i get reason 6 rewired into PT10

Intel I7 - Win 7 64bit - 16 Gigs ram - SSD sata3 HD's - Eleven Rack - Reason - Sonar X2 Pro - Reaper - Melodyne - Oh and 20 guitars and not enough fingers to play then all ...

Last edited by t4d; 02-07-2012 at 09:25 AM. Reason: info correction.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:51 AM

First off, there is a 6.02 update for Reason. Looks like they fixed the audio control panel so that it now works properly with the Avid ASIO Driver (at least with HD|Native).

To make sure you install the correct version of Reason 6 that will Rewire with PT do the following per the Props Readme file:

Windows

Under Windows, you need to install a separate 32-bit version of Reason:

1. Open the Reason DVD (or the Reason download package, if you have downloaded the program from the web) in the Windows Explorer.

2. Right-click the "Install Reason.exe" file and select "Create Shortcut".
If the file is on the DVD, you will be asked if you want the shortcut to be placed on the desktop - click Yes.

3. Locate the shortcut you just created, right-click it and select "Properties".

4. On the "Shortcut" page of the Properties dialog, locate the Target field and add " /32" (without the quotes) at the very end. The Target field should say "D:\Install Reason.exe" /32
(although the drive letter may not be "D", depending on your setup).

5. Click OK.

Good Luck,
Greg
Intel i7 3930K, Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 (rev 1.0), 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidea GT 720 TI video card, a Samsung 850 Pro (256 GB) OS drive, 2 Samsung 850 Pro's (512 GB) in externally mounted drive bays for session and sample storage, Win 10 Pro, PT Ultimate (Native)2019.10, HD Omni, HD I/O 16x16 .