Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 08-24-2020, 01:01 AM

Default Re: PT 2020.5 Catalina Licensing Problems

Hi Tope - I am having exactly the same issue. My iLok ID is: soundlabyrinth

Is there any fix for this? I really need to use this new system ASAP.

Thanks for your help...
Old 09-13-2020, 12:14 AM

This is my problem as well.

I've recently updated my MacBook Pro to Catalina. Pro Tools was working perfectly. Today I upgraded to the latest version = PT 2020.9.1

Now when I go to start up Pro Tools it can't see the license on my iLok.

I went to my desktop computer with Mojave and a previous version of Pro Tools and there is no problem.

I've done all the license refreshing and synchronising, and iLok Manager updating to no avail. It would be good if someone would follow up with a reason why this is happening instead of resolving the issue for a few people behind the scenes.

Last edited by Cate_C; 09-13-2020 at 01:04 AM.
Old 09-29-2020, 08:43 AM

Default Re: PT 2020.9 Catalina iLOK Licensing Problems

I am experiencing a dreadful failure with iLOK at the moment. All of my previous and current licenses show on iLOK online but I cant sign in AT ALL into the licence manager. I really don't know what to do. I tried everything inc. getting some advice from colleagues here and sending a ticket to iLOK. Something must be corrupt and I do not know how to solve it.
I am very delayed with my projects.... radio you know.... happens on TIME. Avid's response is super slow. HELP
Old 09-29-2020, 09:37 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundlabyrinth View Post
Hi Tope - I am having exactly the same issue. My iLok ID is: soundlabyrinth

Is there any fix for this? I really need to use this new system ASAP.

Thanks for your help...
Hi,
Apologies for the delay. upon checking, you still have not selected an upgrade option inside your my.avid.com/products#myproducts
Please go here and click on your Pro Tools tab, and click on select upgrade option and select the license you'd like to upgrade to the latest version to.

Thank you,
-Tope
Old 09-29-2020, 09:40 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cate_C View Post
This is my problem as well.

I've recently updated my MacBook Pro to Catalina. Pro Tools was working perfectly. Today I upgraded to the latest version = PT 2020.9.1

Now when I go to start up Pro Tools it can't see the license on my iLok.

I went to my desktop computer with Mojave and a previous version of Pro Tools and there is no problem.

I've done all the license refreshing and synchronising, and iLok Manager updating to no avail. It would be good if someone would follow up with a reason why this is happening instead of resolving the issue for a few people behind the scenes.
Hi Cate,
Upon checking, your Pro Tools Perpetual Bundle (with 10/11/12) is still activated on your iLok 2 dongle. Please deactivate this while signed in on your iLok license manager and leave Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual Bundle (with 10/11/12+I/O) activated.

Thank you,
-Tope
Old 09-29-2020, 09:46 AM
Avid

Default Re: PT 2020.9 Catalina iLOK Licensing Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by masher View Post
I am experiencing a dreadful failure with iLOK at the moment. All of my previous and current licenses show on iLOK online but I cant sign in AT ALL into the licence manager. I really don't know what to do. I tried everything inc. getting some advice from colleagues here and sending a ticket to iLOK. Something must be corrupt and I do not know how to solve it.
I am very delayed with my projects.... radio you know.... happens on TIME. Avid's response is super slow. HELP
Hi, I've just checked your license and it's still not activated. Not sure why you're unable to sign in on your iLok License Manager. You can try reinstalling a fresh copy from ilok.com
If the same issue occurs, try connecting to a different ISP or server or try using a VPN. Let us know how it goes.

Thank you,
-Tope
Old 10-17-2020, 06:57 PM

Hi I am having the same problem with my Pro Tools Ultimate license. Like the previous user, every time I try to open Pro Tools, I get an activation pop up, and have to log in. I then get this message:
"Select License To Activate: You don't have any licenses in your account, or none of your licenses have activations available, or their license limits will keep them from authorizing the software. If you have an iLok USB device with a license activated on it, please plug it in now. You do not have any pending deliveries for the license(s) you need to authorize the software."
I just upgraded my Mac mini i5 (2012) to Catalina. Ilok Manager sees my perpetual license. I moved my licenses to the cloud. No luck. Reinstalled PT. No luck. Basically Pro Tools thinks that I don't have a license which I do and was using it a day ago. Help!
My OS is10.15.6. My Pro Tools Ultimate version is 2020.9.1.123
Old 10-18-2020, 08:40 AM

Hi Tope and Avid Audio Support,

I have this exact problem after upgrading my i5 Mac mini 2012 to Catalina. I have tried moving my license to the cloud as well as a different iLok. Still Pro Tools fails to launch without the same message - "Select License To Activate: You don't have any licenses in your account, or none of your licenses have activations available, or their license limits will keep them from authorizing the software. If you have an iLok USB device with a license activated on it, please plug it in now. You do not have any pending deliveries for the license(s) you need to authorize the software."

Sincerely,

Paul Hackner
ilok id: phackner
Old 12-19-2020, 06:05 PM

I am also having this problem.

Message reads:

Select License to Activate

You don’t have any licenses in your account, or none of your licenses have activations available, or their license limits will keep them from authorizing the software. If you have an iLok USB device with a license activated on it, please plug it in now.

iLok works on my 8 core iMac, but PT can't "see it" on my other iMAC