Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)

Old 01-15-2014, 06:57 PM
Avid

Default Re: Mavericks and Fast Track Ultra 8r problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdim74 View Post
i have a problem with fast track ultra 8r and mavericks too. the card after the driver update worked for a few days and then stucked.
i BOUGHT an M audio fast track ultra 8r from USA 40 days before. Until yesterday it worked fine.Today i tried to switch the devise on and the power blue led worked but the device didn't proceed(the clip and the input led used to switch on and off but this time they didn't).I pressed the power button several times and on of them the other led indicators switched on and they stayed on.What can i do ? i live in Greece where there is no authorized dealer of m audio except one who told me that he can not do anything because the device came from USA. Is there any way to reset the device or something else by myself? Note that a few days ago i updated the drivers to 2.3 and the firmware to 1.5 for the Mavericks os.

mac mini i5 2.5 mavericks
8gb ram
Hey kdim74,

Did you purchase the product new or used? I don't know of a reset, but I will double check.
Berkeley, CA
Old 01-16-2014, 02:56 AM

no i bought it new and the serial number is 206F252B20782 .
please help!i am not sure if the problem is the mavericks.the card i think that has to do a self check even if it's not connected to the computer.am i right?
This one stops on the procedure! sometimes the led indicators do not switch on at all except the power led button and sometimes they switch on and stay on!
please help!if you give me some instructions i think that i could manage to unstick it.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:13 AM

Hi,

I see that the driver download page now mentions 10.9.1 support. Does this mean the bugs have been fixed?
Old 02-11-2014, 06:37 AM

No, it is the same driver. The issues are not affecting all users. Please follow this KB article for updates:http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/t...OS-X-Mavericks

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM
Old 02-12-2014, 06:18 AM

So instead of updating the drivers, Avid have merely adapted their story. Great.

I have different issues than those described in the KB, see my earlier post. There's at least one other person on this board who has the exact same issues.

But, I'm tired of waiting for help or even acknowledgement of my problem. Looks I'm in the market for a new interface now. Any (definitely non-avid) suggestions, anyone?
Old 04-23-2014, 03:19 PM
Avid

Hi All,

As you know, there is an issue with no audio output from Avid USB audio interfaces running OS X 10.9. This issue affects a subset of Apple Core 2 Duo machines and is described in greater detail here. I'd like to provide an update on this issue.

It was first brought to our attention in November of 2013. A significant effort was made to reproduce this issue in-house and gather more information. Some examples:

Re: Mbox 3 Not working with OSX Mavericks
Re: Mbox 3 Not working with OSX Mavericks
Re: No output sound coming form my Fast-Track C600
Re: Mavericks and Fast Track Ultra 8r problems
Re: Fast Track Ultra & Mavericks 10.9 STILL NOT WORKING

Unfortunately, reproducing the issue proved challenging and took a while to really nail down. Once we had a system reproducing the problem, we were able to investigate root cause. We determined that code changes would be needed in Avid’s drivers, and not in OS X as once thought a possibility.

Normally, we'd try to fix the issue and release the fix as part of our regular quarterly driver update process. However, in this case the systems reproducing this issue were never qualified and never tested with OS X 10.9. The machines qualified with OS X 10.9 are the same as those qualified with Pro Tools 11. None of which are Core 2 Duo machines. As standard practice, we only offer compatibility updates for qualified systems. Where we could have been clearer is providing this information directly on the driver pages. We are fixing this by updating our driver pages to link directly to the qualified machine and OS version support pages. You can see an example of this on the Mbox driver page for driver v1.2. We will continue to improve our driver compatibility messaging so it’s clear what constitutes a qualified system.

The work required to investigate, test, and develop drivers for unqualified, untested, and unsupported systems would be extensive. It's not something we can do without sacrificing resources devoted to qualified and supported systems. We go to great lengths to provide compatibility and support information to ensure the greatest chance of success for our users. But, it’s simply not possible to support every possible system configuration. This means we won't be releasing any driver updates to address this issue. The good news is that we have reports that connecting the audio interface to a USB 2.0 hub restores audio functionality. Although, not a supported solution, it has proved to work for users encountering this issue. We have updated the following knowledge base article to reflect this information: No audio from Avid Audio Interface with Mac OS X Mavericks on some Core 2 Duo Macs

Hopefully, this adds some clarity. Thanks for your time and understanding.
Berkeley, CA