Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2010, 07:58 PM

Default More info about POD HD

Hey, I saw this over on Gearslutz. They linked to this page that has a little more specific info about the upcoming Line 6 POD HD's:

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guita...dellers-280188

Still nothing on the Line 6 site, though.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:14 PM

Default Re: More info about POD HD

Do you have any idea when this thing is going to be released?

I've been trolling thru some forums, but, I can't find anything at all on the release!
And your right I checked the Line 6 a couple of hours ago and there was nothing.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
Hey, I saw this over on Gearslutz. They linked to this page that has a little more specific info about the upcoming Line 6 POD HD's:

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guita...dellers-280188

Still nothing on the Line 6 site, though.
Clicked on your link - page comes up from the site saying "error - article not found."

QAPLA!
Old 09-29-2010, 06:21 AM

Wow, you're right! Even the link on Gearslutz won't work now. Someone's cracking down!

But they were able to quote it, so I'll put it here:

PRESS RELEASE: Line 6 Inc, the industry leader in digital modelling technology for music-creation products, ships a family of new POD HD multi-effect pedals, which debuts 16 brand-new Line 6 HD amp models, and much more.
"HD amp models deliver sonic depth, character and realism like never before," remarked Mike Murphy, Category Manager for POD and PC Products at Line 6.
"Over the last few years, we've had teams working on assembling a museum-quality collection of vintage guitar amps, restoring each amp back to its pristine state, and developing new HD amp modelling technology. The result is a collection of amp models that far exceeds our expectations and is the biggest news in POD since POD itself."
The 16 HD amp models offer an incredibly wide array of amp tones, and they do so with previously unachievable realism. They are inspired by a variety of immortal modern and vintage guitar amplifiers including a Fender Twin Reverb, Hiwatt Custom 100, Supro S6616, Gibson EH-185, Divided by 13 JRT 9/15, Dr. Z Route 66, Vox AC-30 (Top Boost), Marshall JTM-45 MkII, Park 75, Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier, ENGL Fireball 100, and more.
(Recognizable amplifiers modelled for previous POD products have been re-modelled for POD HD using the new HD amp modelling technology.) (Italics mine)
In the largest research project ever undertaken by Line 6, the HD Amp Modeling campaign required the development of an entirely new suite of software and hardware tools. These tools were built to capture, analyze, and translate into DSP code every nuance that analog circuitry imparts to the creation of an amplified guitar tone.
POD HD500, the flagship of the three-product family, features a comprehensive collection of digital and analog ins and outs, a 48-second looper, and over 100 M-class effects.
Made popular by the Line 6 M13 and M9 Stompbox Modellers, M-class effects excel at everything from vintage fuzz to modern pitch effects. Modelled after classic stompboxes and rack gear, or custom-designed by Line 6, M-class effects include tangy choruses, syrupy sweet reverbs, distinctive delays, and much more.
POD HD500's back panel includes quarter-inch balanced and XLR unbalanced outputs, XLR mic input, stereo FX send and return, MIDI in and out/thru, S/PDIF and more. PODHD300 and POD HD400 feature full sets of ins and outs, a 24-second looper, and more than 80 and 90 M-class effects, respectively.
Prices start at £259 for the POD HD300.

Also, a European online dealer had info about it, and now it's gone, but here's the quote:

# POD ® HD500 is a huge step forward in the field of modeling amplifiers. This is the only multi-effects pedal to offer 16 amp models Line 6 high-definition (HD), over 100 vintage and modern effects processors from the range M, and input / output analog and digital super complete.
# The amp models are HD the new standard for modeling. They offer a gaming sensation, reaction, and interaction never reached. The realism is breathtaking and offers a quality gaming hitherto unparalleled
# 16 amp models based HD guitar sounds the most coveted in the world: California clean sounds, sounds from classic crunch, mesmerizing heat amps Custom saturation unbridled modern amps, and more ...
# More than 100 effects: delay, modulation, distortion, compressors, equalizers, filters and reverbs. Up to 8 effects at the same time, tap tempo
# 512 user editable presets
# Player / Recorder loops with 48 seconds footswitches for specific functions of cancellation, reading single configuration Pre / Post recording / overdub, stop / playback, playback speed and mid- Reverse
# Integrated Tuner with mute guitar signal
# Outputs 6.35mm Jack and XLR (mono / stereo) MIDI In, Out / Thru, S / PDIF, USB LINK L6; effects loop (mono / stereo) Aux in Jack 6.35mm ; XLR microphone input with level control, headphone jack with 6.35 mm connector for Variax ® VDI, expression pedal input for external
# Free software for editing and managing sound libraries

Read it while you can, before they find us!!
Old 09-29-2010, 06:35 AM

Seems Line 6 is pulling a classic Guerilla Marketing scheme here.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:06 AM

I love that an unreleased product is already the "new standard for modeling".

Hype, much?

I miss the good old days when a product became a "standard" because an overwhelming majority preferred to use it.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:15 AM

I do not work for Line 6 (I do have the Flextone III in my amp boneyard)....but the demo of the Park model that I heard(and saw) matched the Plexi in the Axe-FX Ultra in an a/b comparison....I can't attest to the feel as I didn't get to try it but isn't that the end all be all and why many of us swear by the Eleven? My Flextone feels lifeless compared to my Eleven....It is interesting that Line 6 has full page adds in Premier Guitar for the HD series and the new DT50 (Bogner/modeling amp) that lead to nowhere...
Old 09-29-2010, 11:55 AM

Word "on the street" is the info on this will be released tomorrow.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
Wow, you're right! Even the link on Gearslutz won't work now. Someone's cracking down!

snippage here

Read it while you can, before they find us!!
And fire us

QAPLA!
Old 09-30-2010, 05:33 AM

They are officially released:

http://line6.com/podhd/

All the videos harp on "feel, feel, feel".