Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 03:20 PM

Default General TroubleShooting Tips

I posted a message yesterday on why my Pro Tools crashes. I went to the post with the trouble shooting tips and set ups. I did what it said and my program still crashes. I mean it dont even open. It says unexpectedly quit. Also my garage band crashes and live acts crazy. The only program(s) working are reason and recycle. Can anyone help. I got tiger 10.4.3 is that why. Advice or help would be helpful. Thanks.

G5
PT 7.0?
Old 11-26-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Re: General TroubleShooting Tips

10.4.3 is not officially supported, and it may or may not be the cause of your problem. Unfortunately, it makes it very hard to troubleshoot when you're on an unsupported setup, but maybe you can tell us more about when the problem is happening. Does the PTLE launch window show up at all? (The one where you'll see your plug-ins go by as each is scanned) ... also, give us more on your setup. How much RAM do you have? What kind of hard drive(s) are attached to your system?
Old 11-26-2005, 07:17 PM

Default Re: General TroubleShooting Tips

Hey whats up. Yeah when i open Pro Tools I see all that stuff get loaded, like the plugins. As soon it is done you think it is going to open but it gives me that unexpectedly quit window. I got a 1.8 ghz PowerMac G5 with a 160 gigabite drive and 2.5 gb of memory, Tiger 10.4.3, a couple of Fanthom Drives also. It was working good with 6.9.2 on Panther, I guess I got caught up on all that hype S*#@. Garageband even quit on me. Anyways thats whats up. Thanks