Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 03-18-2017, 07:39 AM

Default Upgrading from HD9 to HD12 questions...

Hi,

I know the answers are here somewhere but not finding them specifically & I would use Avid Chat but they’re not back until Monday, they’ve been pretty helpful lately.

I have Pro Tools HD9, I ditched the cards way back. The asset is on a first generation iLok.
If I purchase the HD Annual Reinstatement Plan, I will get the license for HD10/HD11/HD12…is this correct? Also I will have to surrender my HD9 license right?

Can the new licenses that will be replacing my older HD9 license be put on the same first generation iLok? It seems the newer ones require a 2nd Gen iLok? Also…this thing is perpetual right, as in it’s not going to stop working after a year? Just the support plan will go away if I don’t renew, correct?

Hey, thanks in advance if anybody was bored and posted! :)
Old 03-18-2017, 07:45 AM

Default Re: Upgrading from HD9 to HD12 questions...

Hey

Question regarding upgrade is YES
Question regarding iLok 1 is a No. PT needs a iLok2 from PT11 so the old ones are a no go.

Question regarding Perpetual is also a Yes

Here is more info on this.
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...rsionsIncluded

The reinstatement plan for HD is $999

Good Luck.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 03-18-2017, 08:09 AM

Man, that was quick...thank you!
Old 03-18-2017, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmost View Post
Man, that was quick...thank you!
You are more than Welcome and hope everything goes smooth. You can read all the info in the link so you are 100% certain of what you get and what everything costs.

If you have any more thoughts or need assistance we are here to help and get helped
Best Wishes
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 03-18-2017, 10:34 AM

One of the other things to keep in mind is that none of your plug-ins that work in PT9 will work in PT11 or later - only AAX64, not AAX32 or RTAS work from PT11 on. All your stock Avid plug-ins will, of course, be there, although some will have changed, but all your third party plug-ins will have to be updated.

Also, what operating system you need to be able to use PT 10, 11 or 12. On Windows, W7 through W10 AU will work. OS X, not a lot of backward compatibility. Depending on OS, you could co-install PT10, to be able to open PT9 sessions and use the same RTAS plug-ins, and PT12 for new sessions.

Best advice would be to install your updated Pro Tools on a separate hard drive with whatever OS you need to run it and leave your PT9 hard drive for that.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 03-18-2017, 11:37 AM

Hey thanks, yeah I had started another thread where I mentioned I just installed PT 12 on the same drive where My PTHD9 lives just to see if it works with my rig. Works great except the plug thing as you mention...which no doubt is a biggie, so I figure this is pretty much the only way to get to HD10 where all my stuff would work and eventually if I want to AAX everything I'll have HD12 available...

Other than just buying an HD 10 license from somebody that is.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmost View Post
Hey thanks, yeah I had started another thread where I mentioned I just installed PT 12 on the same drive where My PTHD9 lives just to see if it works with my rig. Works great except the plug thing as you mention...which no doubt is a biggie, so I figure this is pretty much the only way to get to HD10 where all my stuff would work and eventually if I want to AAX everything I'll have HD12 available...

Other than just buying an HD 10 license from somebody that is.
There is another user here selling HD 10/11, I know his family is going through hard times, if you do decide to go that route, please check his sale as I know he could use the help.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 03-18-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Johns View Post
There is another user here selling HD 10/11, I know his family is going through hard times, if you do decide to go that route, please check his sale as I know he could use the help.
Amen to that!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 03-19-2017, 02:41 AM

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:41 AM

I'm back! Hey another question...PT HD9 with the cards, "I"/Input on the channel is there but when you lose the cards and use the host computer the "I"/Input is history(Boo) yet I notice on PT 12 Vanilla, it has "I"/Input. Does HD10-HD12 have "I"/Input without the cards? or is it also gone when you use the host computer Native style without the cards?

Hope that made sense.