Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 06-28-2006, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Poor Performance in 7.0 Petition - Please Regi

Frustratingly, I have been experiencing similar error message issues, specifically -9128 and -9136 errors. I have done all the trouble shooting suggested by Digi tech support and since updating to LE 7.1 and OS 10.4.6 I haven't been able to get anything accomplished. Prior, I could have a fully loaded Reason session running through rewire with about 20 tracks in PT with numerous Plug-ins - no issues. Not sure what else to try, I do not have any outside plug-ins at all, went through all the trouble shooting suggestions last night. Trashed volume and database folders, etc. Still no help, despite my computer being a little faster overall with running optimization and turning dashboard and spotlight off. Thinking installing the Reason update may help, but PT still doesnt work properly when operating by itself, same buffering messages. Not sure what else to try. My set-up is relatively basic, as illustrated in my signature. Tech support, anyone, any new suggestions?
OWC 150GB External Firewire

Old 06-28-2006, 01:39 PM

I tried using fw 400 instead of fw 800.
Got the same error messages......
I don't know what else I can try.
Just want something that works so I can get back to work.
Is this a Pt 7 issue in general or just with Macs?
PT 8 cs2 OSX 10.5.8
Mbox 2 Pro, Mini, Micro
Old 06-28-2006, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Poor Performance in 7.0 Petition - Please Register

I have been reading all of the posts on this problem. I just upgraded last week and started having the problems described. I should have checked this site first,,lesson learned.

Specifically I get error ""OS held off intterupts too long, try to increase H/W Buffer size in Playback Engine (-6086)"" My buffer has always been set to 1024 and cant be increased.

Has there been any official response from Digi ?

Does anyone appear to have a fix or way to keep the system from erroring out ?

How hard is it to go back to the prior relase 6.9 ?

Do we need to change the O/S and the plugins to go back to it ?

I bought the Digi 7.0 upgrade disk from the digistore so it was suppose to have all of their plug-in's updates on it.

PTLE 7.0
Digi OO2 Rack plugged into Pyro FW800 Card
Command 8
Mac-G4 1.4Mhz OS X 10.4.4
2Gb Ram
2 Monitors
LaCie FW800 Disk plugged into the G4 built in FW800 port use for audio files only

Plug INs- Waves 5.2 , IK =Amplitube V1.0.2, TRacks V1.2.1 and Sample Tank 1.1, Digi Plug-Ins, BF Plug ins
Old 06-28-2006, 02:55 PM

It seems as though there are a lot of different issues that may be happening, which is really frustrating, all stemming from the PT 7.0/7.1 update and OS X. Haven't read anything at all about definitive fixes, seems like it is different for everyone. For some people, I have read have their set-up working fine, OS X 10.4.6 and PT LE 7.1 - no issues. Not sure, can't seem to understand how this could be such a wide-scale problem with no new update to solve the overwhelming buffer problem/s. My set-up was fine before installing the new stuff. Digi Tech support, any new suggestions, or perhaps a list of fixes that have worked for other people, besides the general trouble shooting list?
OWC 150GB External Firewire

Old 07-03-2006, 02:03 PM

PT LE 7.1 performance is totally freaking me out. During the last weeks I have NOT spent time actually MAKING music. I'm just pulling my hair out of anger.

I have a super-clean machine and do only run fully authorised plugins (nothing fancy: all the standard Digi stuff and a few extras, such as AT4). I do not run any other programs on my machine, nor have I an active internet connection, firewall or AV. This is a dedicated music-making machine... I thought!

One thing I noticed is that Reason Adapted 2.5 is a sure problem child and makes Protools crash whenever it is used. Specific problems start occurring only after installation of Reason 2.5.

I also run Sampletank 2.1 XL and Sonik Synth 2. It is unbelievable in which way these plugins exhaust my system in no time at all. No to mention the endless amount of hickups or crashes. When using this plugs, there's no room for any more plugins. Quite unbelievable if you see my system configuration. Music making is not fun anymore. Wasted money, wasted time, too much stress. I'm considering jumping off a bridge or something very soon if this is to continue like this (well, I may be overreacting a little, I'm actually of quite calm a nature...) As I said: there's no more fun in this. I don't want to spend endless hours on my system. I want to produce that next hit of mine!
Old 07-14-2006, 11:11 AM

I am only sorry there are still issues after all this time, I haven't posted for some time and was hoping that a fix would be now available to deal with these issues that so many are having.

I'm now on Mac Intel which is rock solid and much faster. Haven't used my G5 for ages for this reason.

Founder of the Expert Sites.