Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2006, 10:23 AM

Default Can not \"nudge\" tracks

Hello DUC folks I am unable to nudge tracks after I have sent them through a hardware compressor and they have been delayed. Any suggestions? Thank you.
MAC G4
DigiOO2r
ProTools LE 6.9
Old 06-28-2006, 10:20 AM

Default Re: Can not \"nudge\" tracks

Chris I am still pretty new and I have been able to drag tracks but my friend said there was another way that was missing. I am using PT 6.4. I do not know what the keyboard focus mode is and I do not know where to look to see if the regions are locked. How do I calculate the amount of delay caused by the Really Nice Compressor and then use the shift region command. Thanks for your ionput Chris and sorry for being clueless. Bill
Old 06-28-2006, 12:38 PM

Sorry if that may sound a bit harsh, but most of the terms you obviously don't know can be searched in the .PDF version of the PT Reference Guide. It can be downloaded under the Tech Docs section of your version from the Digi Website. All those functions are very well explained there - including screenshots - in a much better english I'm able to provide as non-native english speaker

Still, three quick hints:
Command Focus:
Look for the 'a..z' Icon in the black bar near the ruler and make sure there's a blue frame around it. If not, click once on that 'a..z'
Testing Nudge:
Select a larger Nudge value in min:secs like 500ms and nudge some selected region with the + or - numeric key. If it moves, than everything's ok, undo the previous step and set the Nudge value back to a reasonably small value.
One way for determining the required Nudge value for compensating your compressor delay:
Record the compressed signal of a track and place the recorded track just below the (now muted) uncompressed original track. Look for some unique characteristic transient (percussive waveform) and zoom out. Now nudge the recorded compressed track back (using first larger Nudge values in samples this time, then smaller ones) until the transients are matching under each other in the timeline. While doing this, also note the total samples you had to nudge back for achieving this. This will be the Nudge value you'll use in future for nudging all your compressed tracks back in just 1 step.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:37 AM

Thanks alot Chris I will go to the pdf and read up. I appreciate your time. I once went to interlaken? for the summer and I have fond memories of Switzerland. It was there nicest and cleanest place in Europe. Bill