Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2004, 02:06 AM

Default How do you store your protools projects?

There is the protools file, then the associated audio files (in the audio directory). So, I started by creating a sub directory for each song. For some reason it bugs me to have a directory and the file saved inside using the same name. I suppose you could save all the protools files (for a project) into the same directory and then each song would share the same audio directory.

Whats everyone else doing?

thanks,
CG
Old 04-09-2004, 02:15 AM

Default Re: How do you store your protools projects?

Create folder with the name of the band or project.. then in Pro Tools create your new session in that folder.

For instance if you have a artist named The Beatles and the Album is called Abbey Road.. create a folder named

E:\The Beatles\Abbey Road

Now in Pro Tools create your new session in that folder.. Pro Tools will create:

E:\The Beatles\Abbey Road\Come Together
E:\The Beatles\Abbey Road\Come Together\Audio Files
..etc.

For the next song:

E:\The Beatles\Abbey Road\Something
E:\The Beatles\Abbey Road\Something\Audio Files
..etc.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 04-09-2004, 09:41 AM

Rail
I always wondered who engineered the Abbey Road album. Can yous end me the original sessions you have in your Beatles directory? I'm tryiing to get their Vox AC30TB sound.

Thanks in advance.
-HD I/O 8x8x8. -HD Omni -Avid S3

-API 2500 -API 5500 -UA 2-1176 -UA 2-610
-Neve 1073, Chandler LTD-1 -Eventide H8000FW -Lexicon PCM96
-Bricasti M7. -Joe Meek channel.

-Waves Mercury, Flux all, Softube All, Plugin Alliance all, McDSP all, Sonnox All, MH production, Wave Arts,a bunch more
-Moog Voyager XL, Nord Piano, Hartmann Neuron, ARP Axxe, Gibson Les Paul, Mesa Boogie Roadster, Kemper, Taylor T5 and T5-12
Old 04-09-2004, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Vox AC30TB sound
now we're talking !
I usually rent one for all my gtr sessions. Ain't nothing like it

cheers,

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 04-09-2004, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Rail
I always wondered who engineered the Abbey Road album. Can yous end me the original sessions you have in your Beatles directory? I'm tryiing to get their Vox AC30TB sound.

Thanks in advance.
Funnily enough.. I hear that someone did actually transfer Abbey Road multitracks to Pro Tools... and they're floating 'round.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 04-09-2004, 11:49 AM

If I'm not mistaken, Abbey Road was recorded on a reel to reel 4 track, produced and engineered by Sir George Martin (a very rare thing in those days). I think I remember this from a PBS/BBC documentary, lots of ping-ponging, and just one of the reasons for the 'strange' panning on the beatles albums (george often tracked ringo's drums one drum at a time). Because of all the ping-ponging, george has not only the final tapes, but several progressions of the sessions as they went along. I believe Martin owns the tapes, but Michael Jackson (yep) owns the rights to their use. I can't imagine the PITA it would be to take those tapes and turn them into viable PT sessions.

edit:

It wasn't engineered by Martin...but I'm pretty positive about the 4 track, EMI/Abbey Road studios didn't get 8 tracks until something like '74.
Old 04-10-2004, 07:43 PM

The Beatles "White" album was done with 8 track machines and this was a few years before Abbey Road. Abbey Road had to be at least 8 if not more tracks.