Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2021, 11:48 AM

Default NO default for Track Preset - Track Data to Recall

When saving Track Presets I have been tweaking the Track Data to Recall - so I do not overwrite (say) volume / automation when I recall that Preset to a different track. See 2021-04-23 11_07_07-Track Data to Recall.png attached for how I want it.
I can see how I can Ctrl-click on one of the Preset Buttons in the Track Data to Recall dialog and/or save the Track Data To Recall dialog settings.
Bet when I save a Track Preset again the settings in the Track Data to Recall dialog are back to the defaults (everything selected). See 2021-04-23 11_06_38-Track Data to Recall.png attached.

It would be helpful if the Track Data to Recall dialog a) remembered the last setting or b) loaded up the last saved or imported settings or c) Preferences allowed a default Track Data to Recall dialog settings.
Old 04-23-2021, 02:10 PM

Default Re: NO default for Track Preset - Track Data to Recall

Agree.

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB
Old 07-14-2021, 05:56 PM

How do we raise this as a bug report / feature request....?
Old 07-14-2021, 10:15 PM

Change how you save and recall Track Presets. Instead of saving the entire track, right-click on the last plugin and save at that point. Then recall at that same point.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 07-15-2021, 04:06 PM

Well... When you say "right click on last insert" do you mean the last plugin or the last plugin insert slot (E or J)? Right clicking on the last plugin does not offer any menu items to do with presets. Left clicking on an empty insert slot does offer a "save track preset".
Using "save track preset" from an empty insert slot does allow saving of the track preset. But
-- it does not work on frozen tracks
-- the recall from an empty insert slot gets confused about the plugin numbers and/or orders if there are already plugins on the track.
Net... The "last insert" method might work on new tracks, but it does not work when managing presets across different sessions in more advanced states.
In contrast the track save / recall preset works great on frozen tracks with multiple inserts. It just struggles to remember the last setting...
Old 01-17-2023, 02:55 PM

Agree. The Save Track Preset -> Track Data To Recall... dialog allows you to save a subset of the save data to a Track Data Preset - which is (apparently) really useful when you want to save the same subset of track preset data over and over again (across multiple sessions).
But when you go to the next track's Save Track Preset the Track Data To Recall has reverted to to the default - not the last used or the previously saved Track Data Preset.

So saving a whole series of track presets requires you to go to Track Data To Recall for each track, select the appropriate Preset, and do the save.
This is very inconvenient. Either you have to live the defaults (and get Presets with automation etc.) or select the correct Track Data To Recall preset for every track.
Intel Core [email protected], 64.0GB