Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 05-05-2009, 04:26 PM

Default Standalone software for MAC?

Just wondering if there will ever be a MAC version of the D-Show software? I heard a couple of years ago that it was in the works but I haven't heard anything since then.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:45 PM

Wink Re: Standalone software for MAC?

I use Mac for everything possible including ProTools hooked up to the Venue. There are other threads where Digi .. errrr .. Avid explained why it's a windows environment.

Actually, the standalone software is the only reason I use bootcamp now - and it's free except for the cost of hard disc space...

While I respect asking for the investment in developing a Mac interface I personally would rather see the development money go into the new features list!!
Old 05-06-2009, 07:41 AM

Default Re: Standalone software for MAC?

Parallels desktop does it for me

Since the actual venue software runs in a windows environment, you can understand why the standalone software does too. And arguably, why should digi try and port it when plenty of 3rd party people offer solutions for that?
Old 05-06-2009, 09:41 PM

Default Re: Standalone software for MAC?

I use parallels right now with Windows Vista. It just boots slow and runs slow most of the time. But it works and I can get my job done with it so I guess I can live with it.