Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 04-19-2015, 05:48 AM

Default Re: Beginner: Pro tools 12 (not HD)with HD thunderbolt native system

eBay... you can buy a HD 12 license transfer/code from $1200 to $1900. Do NOT buy one already on a iLok because you won't have HD in your AVID account unless they transfer it with hardware... which you already have.

• MacOS 10.14.5 • Mac mini • 6 Core i7 @ 3.2Ghz • 32GB DDR4 • MOTU 828e
Old 04-19-2015, 06:35 AM

I would sell the hardware
Old 04-19-2015, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC Music View Post
eBay... you can buy a HD 12 license transfer/code from $1200 to $1900. Do NOT buy one already on a iLok because you won't have HD in your AVID account unless they transfer it with hardware... which you already have.
Thank you for your reply.

Do you mean that I can only buy a HD software with licence transfer but not box set with activate card? I am not really clear about that...

isn't it this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AVID-PRO-TOO...item20fa814f8d
Old 04-19-2015, 12:22 PM

When you buy the HD hardware, the seller is obligated as per the terms of the transfer of hardware ownership (which he must sign and send to Avid so that you can have access to the upgrades and repairs), he must transfer to you the valid Ilok with the valid license and all related software. If you got had and he didn't transfer to you the software you can do the following.

"The seller is responsible for providing all Pro Tools software and Pro Tools authorizations for that software that should be included with a used core system. If the current software and authorizations were not included, the buyer must purchase a Pro Tools software upgrade from the Store or an Authorized Avid Reseller. All purchased Pro Tools upgrades are complete installers that do not require previous installation of Pro Tools or registration, either to purchase or install the Pro Tools upgrades."

https://www.avid.com/BR/support/transfer/audio

#BOYCOTTTUSPRODUCTS

just not Pro tools and compatible plugins...
Old 04-19-2015, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
When you buy the HD hardware, the seller is obligated as per the terms of the transfer of hardware ownership (which he must sign and send to Avid so that you can have access to the upgrades and repairs), he must transfer to you the valid Ilok with the valid license and all related software. If you got had and he didn't transfer to you the software you can do the following.

"The seller is responsible for providing all Pro Tools software and Pro Tools authorizations for that software that should be included with a used core system. If the current software and authorizations were not included, the buyer must purchase a Pro Tools software upgrade from the Store or an Authorized Avid Reseller. All purchased Pro Tools upgrades are complete installers that do not require previous installation of Pro Tools or registration, either to purchase or install the Pro Tools upgrades."

https://www.avid.com/BR/support/transfer/audio

Thank you for providing such useful information.

My situation is a bit tricky. I bought the HD I/O (second hand but non-registered) from frontendaudio, afterward, i bought a brand new HD thunderbolt native (without software) on ebay. Then, I purchased pro tool 12 (with ilok2, non hd) academic licence which I was mistaken it can be running on HD system.

Could anyone so kind as to give me an answer about the following questions:

1. Is it an option that I purchase PTHD11 or PTHD12 on ebay with licence transfer? (I am running OSX10.10)

2. Purchase PTHD11/12 with ilok2 and activate card. Is it mean that I have to give up everything in my previous ilok account? (actually I don't have too much assets in my ilok account.....). if its work, i will take into consideration.

3. I found on avid website that there is an upgrade plan for PT11/12 to upgrade to PTHD as long as you have a PT11/12 CPTK licence. Where can I get a CPTK licence so that I can join this upgrade plan.

4. any other suggestions?

I know it is tedious to answer these stupid questions.....but hope someone can help.
Old 04-19-2015, 08:01 PM

Have you asked the seller to help you purchase a legal copy? If they are a legit dealer, they may have some options that we end users are not aware of

The better I drink...the more I mix.....

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 04-20-2015, 12:07 AM

Just buy that HD license off of eBay and you'll be all set. The one you linked to is the type you want. It will show up on your ilok and Avid account and you'll be able to upgrade etc in the future. That's the best option. You could try to find a CPTK but will likely spend the same if not more. Plus, you'll have to surrender your current license of 11 if you did the CPTK upgrade. With the eBay touye you'll get a new license so you'll end up with two. Unfortunately you can't sell or transfer your current one, since it is the academic version, but maybe you can find a use for it. Luckily it didn't cost you much.