Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 03-06-2018, 10:49 PM

Default Kontakt Player 5.6.6 outputs

After spending the better part of 5 hours trying to figure this out on my own, I've decided I need the assistance of someone smarter than I...

I'm trying to route Kontakt outputs to individual tracks in Tools to treat drum samples like a real kit in the mix. Nothing hard about that, totally across how it's done, and have seen plenty of existing threads on the topic. HOWEVER, when I try to create, say 11 additional outs in Kontakt, I only get stereo pairs up to "9|10", at which point it just repeats those same outs. When I go into the individual channel configs in Kontakt, I only see the "st.1" physical outs and 4 stereo aux's. Alot of tutorials I've watched show a bunch of unassigned output when mapping the physical outs, but I don't see these. I vaguely remember seeing them in K5.

Anyone have any ideas here? It's like Kontakt is only giving me 10 outputs max. Is this a limitation of the Player version of the sampler? Perhaps this question is better suited to NI forums?

Now I'm just talking to myself. Better wrap this up...

Thanks in advance guys

Shinz
Pro Tools 11.3.1
Old 03-15-2018, 04:51 AM

Default Re: Kontakt Player 5.6.6 outputs

Not sure about the Player version but I use the regular full version of Kontakt and you need to create an output.cfg file with the number of outputs you need. This is for PT10 but should work across all PT versions: https://support.native-instruments.c...cles/209584509

It's not the easiest of processes to work through but after some work I created an output.cfg file to have 8 stereo outputs and another to have 16 stereo outputs.

QAPLA!