Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2018, 04:54 AM

Default Re: Mapping two keys to same note

Damn, the guy at Audio Assault said you can only use two MIDI notes on a single sample with the kick and bass. Not sure what that means, as kick and bass are the same thing when referring to drums.. I'm still waiting for a reply to get some clarification, but it doesn't really matter cuz I'm trying to do this with the toms.

Also, someone at vmpk told me that it's not possible to map two keys to the same MIDI note.

I can't afford the big name drum VI's that have the extra features, on top of a whole pile of other cool sh*t that my cheap VI lacks; I bought the Audio Assault kit for $9 during Christmas.
Old 02-17-2018, 05:25 AM

Default Re: Mapping two keys to same note

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam79 View Post
Damn, the guy at Audio Assault said you can only use two MIDI notes on a single sample with the kick and bass. Not sure what that means, as kick and bass are the same thing when referring to drums.. I'm still waiting for a reply to get some clarification, but it doesn't really matter cuz I'm trying to do this with the toms.

Also, someone at vmpk told me that it's not possible to map two keys to the same MIDI note.

I can't afford the big name drum VI's that have the extra features, on top of a whole pile of other cool sh*t that my cheap VI lacks; I bought the Audio Assault kit for $9 during Christmas.
You missed something I wrote earlier and that is this: say you have a snare drum and you want to have two keys to play that. What you do is to add that same snare drum sound to an empty kit piece and set the MIDI key you want to trigger that sound. You then have the same snare drum sound triggered by two different keys. It's no different than any other kit pieces that are played by different keys - you just have those keys playing the same sound.

QAPLA!