How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2013, 08:33 PM

Default What to do when editing midi

Hey Friends!

I might be a tool but lately everytime we are editing a miditrack like say a bass note and wanna shorten it the actual note is still there even though the region is trimmed and if I try to shorten or cut it off the whole note dissapears. I know that this explanation is crap but anyone who had this problem would know what I am trying to say here

Thanx as usual for everything and I really appreciate your help Friends :)
All the best
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 03-17-2013, 08:43 PM

Default Re: What to do when editing midi

Sometimes I find it easier to double-click on a note to delete it, and double click again to drop a new note(setting your default note length before-hand). Then its an easy/quick edit to adjust the velocity before you move on.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 03-17-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Sometimes I find it easier to double-click on a note to delete it, and double click again to drop a new note(setting your default note length before-hand). Then its an easy/quick edit to adjust the velocity before you move on.
Thanx for that Albee. I am just looking at a take now and if I shorten the midinote after dbl click and jump out it still lke greyed out and still showing outside the recording field.. Soo weird and this happens alot here and I am starting to thing we are a bunch of loosers who can't do it right and have not seen anyone else posting this grey issue here when searching so obvioulsy we are doing something wrong. I just now doubleclicked on a recorded string take just to try and shorten the note, jump out and it is shortened when playing back the take but still grey and viewable after all this.. Really odd and 'til now I haven't bothered but now when it is on several songs it is really ugly and looks like our old Notator DAW in black and white

Any thoughts guys?
Thank you again for any advise and or thoughts aswell as all the help you guys provided for us in the past :)
Best Regards
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 03-18-2013, 05:30 AM

It's things like this are why I do my MIDI editing in the MIDI Editor screen. That way I see exactly what is going on and don't have track view graphics anomalies to think about. And in MIDI Editor view I can just grab the end of the note and shorten it as necessary - don't have to delete and then reinsert a note of different length.

QAPLA!
Old 03-18-2013, 10:03 AM

Ok Guys

Thanx for the input and as you said Musicman. I will try it your way but still think it shouldn't look like that at this level of expensive software.

Thank you again Friends
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————