Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 03-02-2012, 10:51 AM

Default "Factory Promo UB" - "Eventide" - iLok license - What plug-in is this?

I bought a lot of plug-ins some time ago. I sold my TDM system and now I am getting back to recording and I am starting to install all my plug-ins (I only sold a few as I wanted to use them later). I am finding all installers for all my plug-ins, but I can't find out what plug-in is the one on my iLok with the name "Factory Promo UB" by Eventide! Does anyone know the name of this plug-in so I can start to try to find it and download it?

Thanks a lot!
Old 03-02-2012, 11:40 AM

Default Re: "Factory Promo UB" - "Eventide" - iLok license - What plug-in is this?

It's the Eventide H3000 Factory Universal Binary version. TDM only I'm afraid. It was a $199 promotion offer they had a couple of years ago.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:50 AM

Default Re: "Factory Promo UB" - "Eventide" - iLok license - What plug-in is this?

Wow! That was a quick reply!
Thank you so much! Now at least I know what it is!
Shame its TDM only...are they (and everybody else) going the AAX way? I wish I could use it with my current ProTools 10 set up.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:47 PM

It's announced as being in the AAX native chain.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=315986
Old 08-26-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsdy View Post
It's the Eventide H3000 Factory Universal Binary version. TDM only I'm afraid. It was a $199 promotion offer they had a couple of years ago.
maybe this is a different problem. i've got an old session that used Factory MP4. the only thing on the Eventide Site is "Factory Promo UB" and after installing it, it doesn't authorize against my Factory MP4 iLok auth.

can anyone shed any light on this?
thanks,
George
Old 08-26-2012, 10:00 AM

Nobody knows. Eventide did strange thing previously and decided to re-use the old Omnipressor license for their Omnipressor Native plugin. Thus old Omnipressor customers got the Native plug update for free. Not sure if they do the same for Factory, but we should see soon enough.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Massenburg View Post
maybe this is a different problem. i've got an old session that used Factory MP4. the only thing on the Eventide Site is "Factory Promo UB" and after installing it, it doesn't authorize against my Factory MP4 iLok auth.

thanks,
George
I think there's an MP4 installer on this page?
http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivisio...logy%20II.aspx

But.... I think you need to "upgrade" to the UB version.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Massenburg View Post

thanks,
George

Hey George!

I went through this about 6 months ago when I moved from a G5 to an Intel Mac. What kind of mac are you running?

MP4 stands for Massive Pack 4. The MP4 license will only work with the "H3000 factory for PowerPC" installer and a G5 mac. You can download it here: http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivisio...logy%20II.aspx

If you are running an intel mac, you need to upgrade the plugin to the binary version (you will receive a new license on your ilok to replace the MP4 factory one). It isn't too outrageous... $49.00 from Eventide. http://www.eventidestore.com/maunbiup.html