Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2015, 03:15 PM

Default AAE-9173 Cant Do A Real Time Bounce/Master Mix Down

Thank you, I had to get help in doing the full installer for 11.1.2 & I believe 11.2.3 & now since I had to call avid to help me get 11.3 because I can no longer dl the updates/installers from website/winzip says empty or corrupt file this is driving me nuts but worst of all this problem I never had this problem until 11.3 before 11.3 doing a real time bounce/Mixdown on a 30-40 track mix at anything 96khz 32 bit float using 24% of my machines capabilities according to task manager meters & avid pt 11.3 meters at bounce. 30 out of 30 times it stops. But I normally bounce at 41.1 24bit since I cant pick up a difference from 24 bit to 32 float or 41.1 to 96Khz somewhere along the real time bounce pt 11.3 quits song but on the 31st time it bounced. so there is a bug that high end machines some pick up? on a w/7 64bit 7200rpmhd 24GB ram hp w/my Avid 11.3 system never arose. the machine I can do a work around which I really don't like using mostly external instruments 1/4" by doing a quick bounce which to me sounds wishy washy
Old 01-21-2015, 10:58 PM

Default Re: AAE-9173 Cant Do A Real Time Bounce/Master Mix Down

A better work around would be to route everything to an open bus, add a new stereo audio track with its input set to the bus, mute this track and enable record, printing your mix. If it stops partway through, just back up a bit and start again. When its finished, consolidate it(if it stopped) and then export it in the desired settings. Meanwhile, posting a Sandra report is the best way to get the best advice. My Windows machine hasn't had a BTD fail in years.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 04-07-2015, 03:27 PM

Thank you. Now it seems ok. I may have had the windows defender on. Thanks for taking the time you take care
kind regards
john
Old 04-20-2015, 01:39 PM

Thank you, im not so good with bussing just yet. did a few tutorials. I know it sounds so much better if I could mix down to a stereo track print that add effects to that or not. I did a tutorial which made me make a record & buss record stereo track.if I remember if the buss track isnot set to record I wont hear anything. im still new. just learned how to automate briefly. may I ask do you buss all your mixes? do you use like in pt there are like eq templates & mixdown templates that if I were to use them id need to make a printed track of the 1st mix & import it into these mixdown templates. its not so easy. Thanks for taking the time. btw the problem went away being not able to complete a real time bounce. either avid added or removed something or I may, may have had w defender on. Take good care
kind regards
jc
Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
A better work around would be to route everything to an open bus, add a new stereo audio track with its input set to the bus, mute this track and enable record, printing your mix. If it stops partway through, just back up a bit and start again. When its finished, consolidate it(if it stopped) and then export it in the desired settings. Meanwhile, posting a Sandra report is the best way to get the best advice. My Windows machine hasn't had a BTD fail in years.