Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2008, 03:44 PM

Default Separate looped regions?

Sorry for the stupid question but for the life of me i cannot figure out nor find in the manual a way to separate the regions that I created by loop recording an 8 bar loop. I made 3 passes and i can right-click on the region "Choose Matches" and audition each of the 3 but I want to pull them out from under each other and string them out so I have 24 bars. It must be really simple to do. Can someone help me out?
Thanks,
Old 02-13-2008, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Separate looped regions?

F7 to pick the selection tool. Place it right where you want to separate the track
Command Focus = Press the B button
or
Keyboard Shortcut = Command E
Old 02-13-2008, 04:05 PM

I don't loop record so I'm no expert here, but I'm assuming each pass creates a new region file.

If this is the case, you should be able to drag the regions that you want from the region list into a new track and arrange them to your hearts content.

HTH...
and other bits and pieces...
Old 02-13-2008, 04:25 PM

bluerockgod is right. However, loop record effectively 'tags' each pass onto the next to create one continuous audio file. Simply drag this (not the region passes) from the region bin.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:45 PM

Thanks, but that sequence of keystrokes doesn't do anything.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:45 PM

Thanks, but that sequence of keystrokes doesn't do anything.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:52 PM

Quote:
I don't loop record so I'm no expert here, but I'm assuming each pass creates a new region file.

If this is the case, you should be able to drag the regions that you want from the region list into a new track and arrange them to your hearts content.

HTH...
Yes, if i could find the "Region List" I would try but the manual (7.4) says the Region List Popup is to be found in the Edit Window but I can't find it anywhere. The closet i come is a strip along the left side that lists the tracks but no region list. How do display it? Sorry to be so slow and thanks for your help.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:28 PM

Ok, i found the Region List - the little arrows at the right bottom of the Edit pane but none are showing and "Find" doesn't find anything. How do I get then to populate? Thanks,
Old 02-13-2008, 08:00 PM

Oh boy, disable search and the regions show up! Now i can highlight the region in the rack pane, right click to choose matches then that region gets highlighted in the region list and I can drag it into the track. Wow, how way stupid. And it's all so well documented in help. Thanks for all you help guys!