Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2011, 04:51 AM

Default PT10 and beyond. What does this mean for Venue?

This is really a question for Sheldon, with the implimentation of PT10 (and obviously the next version 11), the current cards will be replaced with HDX cards.

My question I guess is two fold, firstly will the HDX card interface with the Venue card as at present. Secondly will we be required to buy the card and interface package, or will there be a different arrangement for Venue owners?
Old 12-02-2011, 01:18 AM

Default Re: PT10 and beyond. What does this mean for Venue?

I am surprised at how little action there is in this forum. With all the Venue products out their I would expect a lot more chatter.

I am curious on the question as well. I am hoping it is just a matter of an adapter cable with 2 different Digi-link ends.

I am surprised Avid called the new ProTools HD card "HDx" when there was already an HDx option card for the Venue to recorded/playback into ProTools HD. That will add some confusion along the way.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:56 AM

Okay, I could be wrong about this, but it seems like your questions are both answered the the sticky note above the forum. Here is the link: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=309625.

If you have already seen this and it doesn't really answer your question, my apologies.
Sacramento, CA
Old 12-02-2011, 11:40 AM

Talking Re: PT10 and beyond. What does this mean for Venue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclevername View Post
Okay, I could be wrong about this, but it seems like your questions are both answered the the sticky note above the forum. Here is the link: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=309625.

If you have already seen this and it doesn't really answer your question, my apologies.
I now feel like a complete idiot!

Shows how it pays to read all the stickies, even if they don't change often. It looks like all is good to roll with Venue for a few years yet. Interestingly, it does go to show that products that are well thought out, work well and deliver the goods, really do have a longer shelf life. I could take a poke at a couple of well known console manufacturers that seem to be continually adding to their ranges, though it doesn't seem to be really increasing their penetration into the marketplace. There is a lesson in that for all of us!
Old 12-02-2011, 04:37 PM

I think the bigger question would be what will happen with plug-ins on the current system. With TDM on the way out and FPGA coming in. What will happen to the DSP in the consoles and the plug-in market place when all the manufacturers stop supporting TDM.
Mac Pro 2x2.8GHz Quad-Core, 14gigs of ram
Macbook Pro w/Retina Display, 2.3Ghz i7, 16gigs of ram
Old 12-03-2011, 02:59 AM

All our plugins will become "vintage" making them far more valuable overnight!

Look at the prices people pay for old, worn out, 60's and 70's stuff. Stop making it and everybody want's it, at about 10 times the original price.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:32 PM

Ok, So this sticky answers the question about Pro Tools 10 but what about future versions PT11,12 and so on. Avid has said that as far as Pro Tools goes, they will no longer support the older (blue) hardware interfaces past PT10. Does that mean the same thing for the current Venue? Are they releasing one with updated hardware anytime soon?