Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 03-24-2008, 12:59 PM

Default Structure Free instrument plug-in not recording on track.

Very Newb question but I'm new to the whole PT thing and I'm hoping someone can help me figure this out.

I've got a new M-Audio ProFire 2626 and I've got everything running firewire into PTMP 7.4. Today I installed the Structure Free instrument plug-in and started experimenting with it. I created a new, stereo instrument track and inserted the Structure instrument plug in. I armed the track, hit the record button and started recording on the little keyboard on the screen. The midi dashes appeared as expected no problems. Playback was working fine. So I tried the whole process again with another patch in Structure and this time nothing. It wont record anything. What could I be doing wrong here?

Thanks
Old 03-25-2008, 06:40 AM

Default Re: Structure Free instrument plug-in not recording on track

No one huh?

In addition to the aforementioned issue, I am able to "draw" the midi values using the pentip tool and everything plays back fine.

This is very troubling...
Old 03-26-2008, 06:02 AM

You have to record from the instrument track to an audio track in order to record actual audio. Instrument tracks only record MIDI so what you are hearing is the MIDI notes playing back. Set the output on the Instrument track to buss 1-2. Now create a stereo Audio track and set the input to buss 1-2(or whichever you like just make sure the in & output busses match). Now the sound created will be channeled to the audio track for recording. Arm the audio track for recording and there you go, you only have to arm the Inst. track if you want to record the MIDI notes that you have played.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:24 AM

That is what I'm trying to do, record the midi track. But the midi data is not being recorded to the track. I am able to rout to an audio track, as you suggested, but that's not the issue here. I've armed the midi track (instrument), and when I hit record and play, I "play" the instrument from the software keyboard, but nothing gets recorded to the track.