Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2015, 01:54 PM

Default Edit page jumps around with PT Control & MC Mix?

I'm using PT control and MC Mix together to try to get the layouts working
well which would be a huge bonus in my workflow.

If I have them both connected to eucon when I select a track in the edit window in PT it always bumps it to the top of the window and I have to scroll it down again to get it in the place it was before.

Also if I come out of PT to another program ie Soundminer and then back to PT the edit window in PT scrolls to the top track of the session every time.

Its really annoying and breaks what could be great functionality.
Do I have this set up wrong in some way?
Does anyone else have this setup working well?

I see other people using them together and I can't believe they're putting up with this?

Any clues gratefully received.
Old 12-20-2015, 05:07 AM

Default Re: Edit page jumps around with PT Control & MC Mix?

Well I kind of figured it out by messing with the edit page follows mix page settings in the PT preferences. Now it doesn't jump around any more.

I thought that when you touched a tile on the PT Control tracks page the PT program edit window should scroll to the matching track?

This doesn't happen here and I have PT follows app switched on in the PT Control prefs.

The only way I can get it to scroll to the track is by touching the tile again whilst holding control on the keyboard (mac).

Is this normal behaviour?

I've seen vids online of people selecting tracks on the app and PT following, but no one says how to set that up?

Is it just me?
Old 12-22-2015, 11:17 AM

If you want your edit page to follow the app, you have to have "edit window follows bank selection" checked in pro tools preferences on your mac. Same thing can be applied to the mix window.
Old 12-22-2015, 03:24 PM

Thanks for the reply.

Yep I was coming to that conclusion.
But then if I click in the 9th track orfurther down from the selected one in the edit window it banks off on its own.

I suppose I'll stick with the cnrl click method and keep the banking off.

Shame you can't have PT follow without banking.
Banking seems a bit outmoded these days, wasn't that a hui limitation?