Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2004, 05:48 PM

Default Pro Tools Round-Robin Allocation

So, the digidesign folks instruct us to not use our system harddrive to record or playback audio. Understandably so I agree. (Is understandably even a word?) Pro Tools 5.x offers an option to use round-robin for new tracks and a check box to specify whether or not to use the system drive. On the other hand, Pro tools 6.x doesn't have the check box to specify whether or not the system drive can be used. So, you would logically assume that Pro tools 6.x won't use the system drive at all. Right? Well, thats what I thought, but when I start a new session and start adding tracks and check disk allocation I see the system drive is in use. I have 7 healthy SCSI drives but have to change the tracks allocated to the system drive to another drive. This was not an issue in Pro tools 5. Is there a way around this for ver. 6 or was Pro Tools 6 made with a brain-fart.

Any suggestions?
Old 12-16-2004, 05:56 PM
Avid

Default Re: Pro Tools Round-Robin Allocation

Go to the Workspace browser and set your boot drive to "T" under the A and V columns. This makes the drive a transfer volume and can not be recorded to.