Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 06-16-2011, 09:20 PM

Default Re: So what's the chances of another Expansion pack in the future

I think there is some room for improvement in the current effects. For example, I would love to have some sort of gain reduction meter available with the Studio Compressor. It is hard to tell exactly what it is doing without it. I also would like some sort of redesign to the graphic interface of the Parametric EQ. I know you don't mix with your eyes, but a graphic representation of the EQ curves is very helpful.

I think the addition of some sort of modulation to the Stereo Delay would be incredible. That is the only thing keeping that delay from being the only one I ever use.

I think the Spring Reverb can be improved quite a bit. It doesn't sound that all that great to my ears. The tone knob doesn't quite do enough and the mix goes from too little to too much in about 10% of the travel.

Effects I would like to see? TREMOLO!!!!!! Biggest oversight of the design so far in IMHO. I don't want to have to use an amp model with trem in order to have trem. Plus, I often want it somewhere else in the chain. Model the Fulltone Supatrem and add tempo sync. Done. How about a fuzz octave (maybe a Foxrox Octron clone with high and low octaves), Top Boost.

Amps I would like to see? There are several different models that will really broaden the options: Hiwatt, Dr. Z Stangray (or something along those lines, i.e. EL84 boutique amp), Vox AC15, Matchless DC-30 Click Channel (finish the job!), Ampeg Reverbrocket, Trainwreck Liverpool, Marshall JMP-1, and....yes....Dumble. Why not? It might draw in a lot of players that think they need it.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:39 PM

New guy here. Just chiming in to say 'hi' and that I'm digging my new 11r.
I got it last week from B&H (recommended seller, btw)
Within the hour I purchased and installed the Expansion Pack.
Very nice.
Dialing in a great tone takes a helluva lot less time than with my old AxeFx Ultra.

The point of this post? Just to say I'm looking forward to any future Exp. packs currently in the works.
User IR's would be my only +1.

take care,
R~
Old 06-22-2011, 07:34 AM

There will be a new Expansion pack i'm quite sure of that. I only wonder when ... within 1 year... i hope?
Old 06-22-2011, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moff View Post
Same idea goes for digital vs Fender or Marshall. Right now, we're seeing, as you said, a renaissance for rack gear, it's the "fashion". But those old Twins and Plexis are still going strong, and will be the gold standard forever. And you probably don't have to worry about getting service for them. There was rack stuff in the '80s, like the old ADA Preamp, all trying to emulate tube amps, but lots of us just stayed with the real deal.
Would now be a good time to mention that:

a) Valve quality isn't what it once was, and so older amps don't sound the same now as they did way-back-when unless you get NOS valves. At least you're guaranteed consistency over the lifetime of digital gear (within component lifetime, of course, but solid state components last a lot longer than valves).

b) There will come a time when it's no longer economically viable to manufacture valves at all, at which point all those "gold standard" amps will be paperweights...