Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-25-2013, 02:05 PM
adamsvard adamsvard is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 12
Default Pro Tools 11 free upgrade from 10

Hi everyone,

I bought Pro Tools 10 in June this year, and was promised a free copy of Pro Tools 11 once it was released. I patiently waited for it to release but late July I started wondering where my free copy of Pro Tools 11 were. I checked my product details on avid.com, and saw that Pro Tools 11 were there, I also found a verification code. I ran that code on identi-e and received serial numbers, for Pro tools 10.. I have no idea on how to redeem my free copy of PT 11 and frankly, I find it rather strange that a support ticket cost as much that is does. Hope someone here can help me out!

Thanks in advance/ Adam
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-25-2013, 03:11 PM
zedhed's Avatar
zedhed zedhed is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 3,905
Default Re: Pro Tools 11 free upgrade from 10

Serial numbers for PT10?

PT 9, 10 & 11 don't use serial numbers, rather they use an iLok authorization licence.

Download PT11 (which will be bundled with PT 10) from your Avid account.

You need an iLok account which should have been provided to Avid when registering PT so they can deposit licence to your ilok account. You'll also need the Ilok manager software downloadable from iLok.com

Make sure your iLok is plugged in then log into your Ilok account and retrieve your licence by transferring it to your iLok.

PT11 requires an iLok2, not the original type.
__________________
Too much blood in my drugstream

Gigabyte X99 SOC Force Mobo Bios vF6d
Intel Core i7 5930k socket 2011 v3 @ 3.50GHz
32GB DDR4 Crucial RAM
System: Samsung M.2NVME SSD 960 Evo
Record: Samsung M.2NVME SSD 960 Evo
Samples: Samsung SATAlll SSD 840 Pro
Storage: 2x Samsung SATAlll SSD 840 Pro
EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Graphics
PT 11HD (v11.2.1) Omni s/pdif w Eleven Rack
HD 96I/O
Win 8.1 Pro
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-25-2013, 03:45 PM
adamsvard adamsvard is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 12
Default Re: Pro Tools 11 free upgrade from 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
Serial numbers for PT10?

PT 9, 10 & 11 don't use serial numbers, rather they use an iLok authorization licence.

Download PT11 (which will be bundled with PT 10) from your Avid account.

You need an iLok account which should have been provided to Avid when registering PT so they can deposit licence to your ilok account. You'll also need the Ilok manager software downloadable from iLok.com

Make sure your iLok is plugged in then log into your Ilok account and retrieve your licence by transferring it to your iLok.

PT11 requires an iLok2, not the original type.
My problem is that when I try to download Pro Tools 11 with the serial number I receive from identit-e (I have a student license) I get a message saying that I already used that serial number when downloading pro tools 10. So basically my problem is that I cannot download Pro Tools 11. I have Pro Tools 10 up and running with iLok 2 and everything.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-25-2013, 05:01 PM
Bruce Paine Bruce Paine is offline
Admin Emeritus
 
Join Date: Apr 1998
Location: Carmel, CA
Posts: 2,820
Default Re: Pro Tools 11 free upgrade from 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsvard View Post
My problem is that when I try to download Pro Tools 11 with the serial number I receive from identit-e (I have a student license) I get a message saying that I already used that serial number when downloading pro tools 10. So basically my problem is that I cannot download Pro Tools 11. I have Pro Tools 10 up and running with iLok 2 and everything.
I'm checking with Avid CS on this to see why this is not working. I'll let you know what I find out.
__________________
Bruce Paine
System Details
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-26-2013, 05:01 AM
adamsvard adamsvard is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 12
Default Re: Pro Tools 11 free upgrade from 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post
I'm checking with Avid CS on this to see why this is not working. I'll let you know what I find out.
Thank you so much for taking the time to investigate this matter.

Best regards/ Adam
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-26-2013, 01:32 PM
adamsvard adamsvard is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 12
Default Re: Pro Tools 11 free upgrade from 10

Great news! I followed your advice you posted in this thread, http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=342034 (I didn't see it prior to me creating this thread) and now Pro Tools 11 is up and running! Can't wait to get started, I still want to thank you Bruce for trying to help, thanks a ton.

With best regards/ Adam

Last edited by adamsvard; 08-26-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where's My Free Pro Tools 11 Upgrade? Bruce Paine Pro Tools 11 173 11-02-2015 10:51 AM
Pro tools 10 free upgrade? legspinner Pro Tools 10 12 02-13-2013 06:23 AM
free upgrade to pro tools 8? benjaminhailey 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 2 12-21-2009 04:24 AM
Free Pro Tools 8 Upgrade Newkid1 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 6 03-19-2009 10:30 AM
Pro Tools LE 7.4 upgrade free? joe.cavers 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 2 02-22-2008 05:16 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:11 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com