Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 08-11-2012, 01:18 AM

Wink Re: Discontinued?

I dont need protools10

I need to know what will be supported so I can make a decicion to buy the current imac or wait for the next gen to come out...

So if you are not with avid please dont hack the thread

Thanks

As I was asking avid:

AVID please advice if you will support protools m-powered 9 on osx mountain lion
Thanks....
Old 09-14-2012, 07:44 AM

Unhappy Re: Discontinued?

so protools 10 gets a update but m-powered is not on the list

avid should make a official statement regarding end of life for protools m-powered if you will not be supporting your product anymore

please advice
Old 09-14-2012, 09:54 AM

Default Re: Discontinued?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos santana View Post
so protools 10 gets a update but m-powered is not on the list

avid should make a official statement regarding end of life for protools m-powered if you will not be supporting your product anymore

please advice
Anything with the M-Audio or M-Powered moniker doesn't belong to Avid anymore, they sold it off months ago.

Pro Tools M-Powered is now officially vaporware.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 09-14-2012, 01:17 PM

Like the fast tracks...
Old 09-14-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos santana View Post
Like the fast tracks...
The Fast track is a dead as a zombie product can be, at least as an Avid product, who knows what InMusic will do with it. But what's your point?

Avid has got to be flushing that inventory as fast as they can through their channels. And once its gone maybe they will clarify what happens to the Pro Tools MP product. Its hard to believe Avid would dump M-Audio to inMusic for next to no money and then want to keep making a low-margin software product to sell to inMusic (or others?) to bundle with their hardware.

Darryl
Old 09-18-2012, 03:20 AM

...buuut, there's still a link to the M-Audio WEB page on avid.com and the M-Audio WEB page still says "avid" in the headline. So it's not officially handed over yet. Even more annoying is the avid radio silence, and that gives them several problems:

1. The future for owners of M-Audio gear, is totally blurred, Pro Tools wise. They have lost many of us (calculated risk, though).

2. Pro Tools 10 is not the white knight for everyone. Personally, I see no reason to upgrade. No improvement in sound quality. Just a few (political) more numbers of this and that. Money is better spent on a good mic or a sound engineering course.

3. I then looked at the 003 Rack, but Pro Tools 10 is the last one to officially support the Digi 00x line. Really makes no long term sense to owners of these fine machines to upgrade, unless you are already planning to change HW.

4. To be honest, I'm very insecure with regards to what avid comes up with next. No current avid upgrade plan helps ease that feeling.

Sorry for this kind of "grey" post, but it was avid who put out the light.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooksound View Post
...buuut, there's still a link to the M-Audio WEB page on avid.com and the M-Audio WEB page still says "avid" in the headline. So it's not officially handed over .
There is lots of logistics to handle in a sale/aquisition and Avid has supply, manufacturing and distribution pipelines flowing with inventory they are likely flushing out. Who knows if InMusic even wants all the current product line. And even if they did its in both parties best interest for Avid to keep up the M-Audio web sites until those assets transfer over to InMusic--assuming InMusic took on support of existing customers. Who knows. I certainly would not buy anything from M-Audio without seeing what is really going on. OTOH I think getting rid of this business was well overdue, the crowded low end part of the market is not where Avid was goot at or should have been playing.

And the simple/obvious answer for folks who want/need a better supported/real Pro Tools story with better recent OS compatibility stories right now is to upgrade to Pro Tools 10. Otherwise you just have to sit and wait and hope inMusic and avid have a plan here. But if you cannot wait...Pro Tools 10.

And the jury may be out on wether the 003 has a future with Pro Tools 11 or not.

Darryl
Old 09-18-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
buuut, there's still a link to the M-Audio WEB page on avid.com and the M-Audio WEB page still says "avid" in the headline. So it's not officially handed over yet. Even more annoying is the avid radio silence, and that gives them several problems:
and Avid's web team is probably the worse on the web

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

PT11 System Requirements link http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/C...m-Requirements

Thank you,

Craig
Old 09-18-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig F View Post
and Avid's web team is probably the worse on the web
What web team !!!!!!
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:22 PM

Sad isn't it. Avid made some really nice changes to their Web site product sections before the recent layoffs/corporate changes were announced. Lots of simple broken links caused by those changes lingered for a long time, even if obvious/reported. Certainly made me think those web developers (wether employees or contractors) were walked out the door in a hurry and Avid was scrambling about how to get fixes implemented. Anyhow it is sad because those website improvements were really good.

Darryl