Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2011, 05:47 PM

Exclamation Cannot activate HEAT license - please help!

I finally bought my HD9 upgrade + HEAT today and cannot seem to use my HEAT activation code. When entering it into www.avid.com/activation, it tells me the code has already been used, and if this is the first time I enter it anyway, I should contact technical support. After surfing around the Avid site for 40 minutes I cannot find any way to contact technical support. So I'm asking you guys here instead. Anyone..?
---
Mac Pro 2.66 GHz Quad-Core, 8 GB RAM | 192 I/O | HD2 Accel | UAD2 Duo | Mac OS 10.6.4 | Pro Tools HD 9.02 | HEAT | UAD Plugins 5.4.1 | Novation Automap 3.0
NI Komplete 6 with Kontakt 4.0 + libraries: | L.A. Scoring Strings | Symphobia | True Strike 1 + 2 | Galaxy II | Scarbee K.G.B.
SoundToys Native 3.1.1 | Waves Ren. Maxx TDM 7.1 | Melodyne Plugin 1.0.4 | Superior Drummer 2.2.1 | Addictive Drums 1.5.1 | Ampeg SVX 1.1.3

Old 05-24-2011, 06:25 PM

Default Re: Cannot activate HEAT license - please help!

http://www.avid.com/US/support/support-contact
http://www.fishertheband.com
Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram / 1TB Flash Storage - Avid HD I/O - Latest Mac OS - HDX3 - Latest PT Version.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:53 AM

Yeah, that's all I found too, but I can't request help without a support code, which I don't have, or at least I don't think I do. Isn't there somebody I can send an email or something? I really don't think I should pay money just to be able to report that the product activation fails to recognize my code.
---
Mac Pro 2.66 GHz Quad-Core, 8 GB RAM | 192 I/O | HD2 Accel | UAD2 Duo | Mac OS 10.6.4 | Pro Tools HD 9.02 | HEAT | UAD Plugins 5.4.1 | Novation Automap 3.0
NI Komplete 6 with Kontakt 4.0 + libraries: | L.A. Scoring Strings | Symphobia | True Strike 1 + 2 | Galaxy II | Scarbee K.G.B.
SoundToys Native 3.1.1 | Waves Ren. Maxx TDM 7.1 | Melodyne Plugin 1.0.4 | Superior Drummer 2.2.1 | Addictive Drums 1.5.1 | Ampeg SVX 1.1.3

Old 05-25-2011, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myhrik View Post
Yeah, that's all I found too, but I can't request help without a support code, which I don't have, or at least I don't think I do. Isn't there somebody I can send an email or something? I really don't think I should pay money just to be able to report that the product activation fails to recognize my code.
Avid are brilliant aren't they!

You sure that your HEAT license isn't already in your iLok account? IIRC you dont actually have to activate HEAT if you've activated/registered your HD9.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarken4 View Post

You sure that your HEAT license isn't already in your iLok account? IIRC you dont actually have to activate HEAT if you've activated/registered your HD9.
That was my experience. After hunting around, asking here, and even contacting Avid Support, I discovered the HEAT authorization had been on my iLok all along. I only had to switch it on in the Options menu!

Sonny Keyes
Ricochet Audio
Toronto
Old 05-25-2011, 07:40 AM

Thumbs up Re: Cannot activate HEAT license - please help!

You're right, both of you! It was already mysteriously waiting in my iLok account!

Now running PTHD9 beautifully on my laptop after tearing my hair out when trying to use PTLE8 yesterday for some quick work at home. This update is da bomb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarken4 View Post
Well, I like to think they are!

Thanks!
---

Old 03-26-2013, 09:59 AM

Apologies for resurrecting an older thread. I'm new to Pro Tools and the ilok system, and I'm having the same problem as the Topic Creator with Heat's activation. I have the Student Edition of Pro Tools 10.3.2 and Heat was included as an optional install. When I start up Pro Tools, it recognizes that Heat is installed but asks for an activation code. When I click Next, Pro Tools explains that there is a pending authorization of Heat on my ilok device.

Sonny mentioned the ability to switch Heat on in the ilok options menu. I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction to find this setting? When I go to manage licenses on the ilok website, it only displays my Pro Tools license.

Any support is greatly appreciated.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:06 AM
Admin Emeritus

HEAT plug-in format is AAX DSP and TDM, so it requires Pro Tools HD TDM or HDX hardware. It won't work on a native system. Unless you have an HDX or HD TDM system, you should uninstall it by removing it from your plug-ins folder.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:06 PM

Will-do, thanks for the quick response.