Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 11-25-2019, 08:11 AM

Default S3 Select by Touch banking in PT

I've searched all over and I can't get a clear answer on this...

I want to "select by touch" a fader on the S3 (which works fine), but then I want PT to bank to that selected track in the edit window. AKA, if on my edit window I'm looking at tracks 100-120 and I have an assigned fader for track 1, I want to be able to touch that assigned track 1 fader and the edit window scroll to it as well.

I've tried every combo of EU and PT pref controls I could find, nothing works for me (and maybe it's not a supposed to?).

Thoughts?
Old 11-25-2019, 03:43 PM

Default Re: S3 Select by Touch banking in PT

I haven't felt like I need this workflow, and I don't have the exact solution for you, but the universe scroller on the top of the iPad app is excellent. The scroller is fast and accurate and banks the computer window to wherever you want it. Great in big sessions.
Old 11-26-2019, 06:01 AM

Yeah me neither until now haha.

Between button banking and the scroller I've been fine with the flow, but in this specific session I have multiple VCAs laid out within 100s of tracks in and those VCAs are assigned to different faders. It just seemed to me there would be a way to bank the edit/mix window to the fader I'm touching to make things move around more fluidly...
Old 11-26-2019, 06:06 AM

Stupid questions for you:

-you are using VCA spill, right?

-and you're aware of Multi-Master Mode on the S3?

Between layouts and Multi-Master Mode, I pretty much don't bank anymore. Banking is so 2000's...
Old 11-26-2019, 06:30 AM

Not stupid!

I use VCA spill which does exactly what I need from the S3 standpoint (and is great), it's more of a visual banking thing in PT itself that I'm trying to achieve.

I also realize my want is oddly specific to this current session I'm working with so it's not surprising I that the edit/mix windows aren't jumping around like I thought they could.