Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2003, 04:35 AM

Default DAE not recognising Project II card

Hi there, I just acquired a used Project II card to run with Logic (only found out now that it doesn't run with Protools software... whazzupwithdat?), but I can't seem to get it to work with DAE/DSI. Digitest v.5 reports that the card is fine, and I can output audio through the card/interface from Peak via the Digi sound driver, but DAE doesn't seem to recognise the card. It returns an error whenever I try to route the audio through DAE in Peak or Logic (when DAE launches, it says "Could not initialise a DAE deck" or "Digidesign hardware not found"). Am I missing something here? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Specs:
Beige G3 desktop 233 mHz, 192mb RAM, 8 GB ext. SCSI HD
Mac OS 9.0
DAE/DSI 3.4.2
Logic Audio 4.7, Peak 2.5
882 I/O (16-bit) interface

By the way, is there a manual available for the Project II card? I'm sure most of my questions would be answered if I could rtfm...

Thanks,
Robert.
Old 07-09-2003, 03:46 PM

Default Re: DAE not recognising Project II card

Pro Tools does not support the Project II card because there is no engine for the card in DAE.

It's up the the 3rd party app to provide the audio engine.

You might try EMagic's support section for more info:
http://www.emagic.de/support/support/index.php?lang=EN