Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2018, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Where's my free year of plugins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post
The Plugins that come with new hardware/software bundles are NOT the same as what comes with the Complete Plugin Bundle. The Complete Plugin Bundle includes all of the Avid plugins, some of which are not included in hardware/software bundle purchases. They are NOT the same thing. However, those plugins are permanent licenses and do not expire. If you want those extra few plugins, you will have to buy the Complete Plugin Bundle subscription. The licenses for the plugins included in the Complete Plugin Bundle are a subscription and will expire at the end of your subscription term.

I bought my Annual Upgrade renewal through Sweetwater and received the Complete Plugin Bundle a couple of hours after my purchase in my Avid account. It is located in the "Products Not Yet Downloaded" section. And I plan to let it sit there until October when my current Complete Plugin Bundle subscription expires.
Hi,

Thank you very much for the information. I did buy a 1-year support / upgrade subscription as part of the bundle I bought. So, wouldn't that entitle me to the "complete" bundle?

Also, I see you know this stuff well. If its not too much trouble, could you tell me what "extra few plugins" would be available with the "complete bundle".

Thanks,

MD
Old 01-18-2018, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyduck View Post
Hi,

Thank you very much for the information. I did buy a 1-year support / upgrade subscription as part of the bundle I bought. So, wouldn't that entitle me to the "complete" bundle?
No, because they are different bundles with different licensing. At the end of last year, Avid was running a special where they were including a one year subscription to the Complete Plugin Bundle if you renewed your Protools or Protools HD Annual Upgrade Plan by the end of December. But that special has since expired. The Complete Plugin Bundle subscription is only $49 for a year, so it's not too expensive.

Quote:
Also, I see you know this stuff well. If its not too much trouble, could you tell me what "extra few plugins" would be available with the "complete bundle".
I don't have them all off the top of my head. You have to compare the plugins listed on this page (which are the ones included with the Protools HD license) with the plugins listed in the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle. Off the top of my head I know that the Focusrite D2/D2, MoogerFooger, and I think the Pultec Bundle?

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 01-18-2018, 06:32 PM

Default Re: Renewal and Complete plug-in bundle

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarhead View Post
...I still have not received the plug-in bundle in my product not yet downloaded or anywhere else...
Sorry for the delay! Will look into your case, but in the mean time have added the product to your account since you should not have to keep waiting.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Login to your Avid Account, and under your "My Products" heading there is another link called "Products Not Yet Downloaded". Look in there, and there should be a button to click to activate the "Avid Complete Plugin Bundle - Annual".
I have been checking there for the last month and it always said no products available. The funny thing is after dealing with this tech guy over email for the last month in concern with my issue of not receiving it. i started another support ticket last night. I just logged in to the forum read your reply and I decided to check again and there it was. I checked my email and I had just received a email response from Avid saying my ticket was now closed and this was the ticket that I filled out last night. So I guess doing another ticket got them on it. I don't know why they didn't get me resolved 30 days ago when I filled out the first complaint but they finally taken care of me since I filled out the ticket last night.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:59 PM

Quote:
No, because they are different bundles with different licensing. At the end of last year, Avid was running a special where they were including a one year subscription to the Complete Plugin Bundle if you renewed your Protools or Protools HD Annual Upgrade Plan by the end of December. But that special has since expired. The Complete Plugin Bundle subscription is only $49 for a year, so it's not too expensive.

I don't have them all off the top of my head. You have to compare the plugins listed on this page (which are the ones included with the Protools HD license) with the plugins listed in the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle. Off the top of my head I know that the Focusrite D2/D2, MoogerFooger, and I think the Pultec Bundle?
Hi,

Thanks for the response. I guess much of the stuff in the complete bundle is already included, but I would still like to have the rest of them because I have all those and more on my HD rig. And I still think I may be entitled to them somehow.

But all this brings me to my next obvious question.......What do you have to do to get older versions of plugins updated to versions that will work with the "new" Pro Tools rigs? I have an enormous investment in premium plugins on an older version iLok that makes it feel kind of dumb to switch to this HDX / Native platform. Is there any established process for getting all that stuff current. I mean I have lot of the better plugins that I guess will not work with the new rig. Or will they?

Anybody know?

Thanks,

MD