Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 01-03-2018, 08:00 AM

Default PT will not start with Eleven Rack [SOLVED]

The last few months of 2017 my studio would no longer start as I work with an iMac and Pro Tools was not ready for High Sierra yet (I upgraded too soon). Now PT is finally compatible with High Sierra I still get stuck, as during start up my Eleven Rack (the audio interface I use for PT) won’t work with High Sierra. The following pop-up error appears when launching PT:
Could not complete your request because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/218077/ProTools/AAE/Source/AAX/CFicAAXWidget.cpp", line 822

This is linked to the 11R not being recognized. My iMac states: device not connected although it actually is. The 11R has firmware version 2.0.1, build 0.1.5.7. I also notice that the ER is activated in iLok manager, 'local iMac' has 0 activations.

I found following:
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...t-cpp-line-822

but Option 1 already baffles me…it refers to link:

http://www.avid.com/drivers

and there it states: Last Updated : December 22, 2017 Products Affected : Eleven_Rack. So:

1) should I upgrade High Sierra 10.13.2 to Pro Tools 12.8.3? And if so, how? I do not find 12.8.3 anywhere and it is not in my Avid account
2) If I then go to ‘USB device driver’ and click on 11R drivers, I see “supports macOS Sierra 10.12” from 2016. No further update.

Any advice what I should do now? Thanks
paul
Old 01-03-2018, 08:03 AM

Default Re: PT will not start with Eleven Rack

sorry, forget question 1, I already upgraded PT to 12.8.3
Old 01-03-2018, 08:19 AM

I think you need to get your 11R to show up in MacOS before you do anything else. I would install the latest driver on your system and make sure that when you open the 11R preferences window, it shows connected. Once you get to that point, then try holding down the N key while PT starts, which will force a hardware refresh and allow you to choose the audio device in the playback engine.

System Details
Old 01-07-2018, 07:59 AM

thanks for your help, finally works again!