Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 12-19-2000, 11:15 PM

Default How are you providing different cue mixes when tracking?

If I have a HUI and no additional mixing board. How does one go about giving separate cue sends to various players?
i.e. the bass player wants more bass...the string players don't want any of themselves in the cue mix...the Piano player wants more bass.
How are people doing this. When we had an SSL with multiple sends and routings etc. it was easy.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-20-2000, 12:49 AM

Default Re: How are you providing different cue mixes when tracking?

Take a close look at your computer screen. In the mix window, you'll notice that it looks like a mixer. There are 5 stereo Aux busses feeding as many outputs as you have 888's. You can make them pre or post and you can even use the "copy to send" command to duplicate your mix for the band, then customize it from there. Using option shift you can set up the sends for many faders at one time. Check it out, You'll like it.

Steve

[This message has been edited by Extreme Mixing (edited December 20, 2000).]
Old 12-20-2000, 12:52 AM

Default Re: How are you providing different cue mixes when tracking?

A lot of it comes down to how many 888's you have, and obviously there is a limitation to how many separate cue mixes you can supply.

One way is to use a small mixer and let the musicians blend their own mix from a set of stem mixes. http://www.samsontech.com

The other is to set up your ProTools session with submixes of say Drums, Bass, Gtrs, Strings/Keys, Vocals etc.

Then you could use sends3, 4 and 5 to set up variations of the mix. You can copy the fader levels, automation etc of these stems to the 'small faders' and tweak them according to the wishes of your musicians.

Tweakhead.

Hmm...interesting....this message reply above mine was simply a duplicate of the original posting when I posted my message.

[This message has been edited by Tweakhead (edited December 20, 2000).]