Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2012, 08:42 AM

Default mix/edit window question

Just got my new PC build and Pro Tools up and running. so far so great!!

My question; is it possible to set the windows resolution so I won't need to scroll from top to bottom to see the entire channel strip? Also the plug in windows are huge and completely block my view of the respective window I am in. has anyone here found a trick or tip that enables me to get around these situations? I have played around with various resolutions but only the PC suggested resolution makes for a legible display.

I am only running Pro Tools 10.0 which came on the installer disc and haven't upgraded to a recent update yet. Will an update correct this?
I am using a samsung 32 inch LCD TV as my monitor with a hdmi connection.

Thanks!
Tony
Old 11-17-2012, 12:15 PM

Default Re: mix/edit window question

It has some to do with resolution and some to do with how much info you choose to display(assuming you are running 1920x1080 as I do with a Panasonic 32"). You can select to NOT show stuff in the mix window, so, do you need to see all 10 inserts or send slot? By hiding 1 of each set, that may solve the issue. Also, if you only have 1 screen, you might consider a second LCD to one side so you can move plugins over to that screen(must of us run at least 2 screens, and some have 3 or 4)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-19-2012, 05:55 AM

Post Re: mix/edit window question

Thanks Albee....

After digging around my screen resolution settings 1920x1080 works the best, I can see the entire channel strip in the smallest mix view, which i have always found nice to have. Set the TV/monitor to shrink the large picture resolution to the screen. Text can be a bit grainy but I get used to it. I do have a smaller flat screen I've considered using in addition.

cheers.
T-