Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2010, 12:50 AM

Default Re: PT 8 LE Crash Every Time I Drag File From Workspace About 2 Give UP!!!!!

Same with me but happening on HD. 8.0.3 CS2, mac pro. Doesn't happen on the same system when I boot into 10.4 / 7.4. Have tried everything!
Old 06-12-2010, 10:48 AM

Default Re: PT 8 LE Crash Every Time I Drag File From Workspace About 2 Give UP!!!!!

DIGI-

Any update on this?

I have two systems (Macbook Pro 2.4GHz last gen and a quad core 2.66 MacPro) both with the latest OS X and PT 8.03cs2. I had the problem on various combinations of PT 8.0.x CS updates and 10.6.x.

I haven't been able to isolate it to anything.

I'm running M-Powered w/:

- 2626 interface
- Waves Gold
- McDSP Filterbank HD
- Reason 4.0
Old 06-17-2010, 03:28 PM

This has defiantly got something to do with Structure. Haven't had this problem for months now. Just upgraded to structure LE and now as soon as i bring structure into my session it starts taking ages when i drag from the workspace, even if I delete my structure track before doing a drag. A reboot of the computer fixes it. Trashing prefs. doesn't work .. blah blah ..

www.spoonsound.com
Old 06-24-2010, 12:27 AM

I've experimented with Structure and it hasn't seemed to impacted my situation. My tower stopped doing it the other day but then it returned. Rebooting does seem to help. 10.6.4 didnt seem to do much either.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:03 PM

Same thing again, not had a problem for 2 weeks or so ... ... as soon as I bring Structure into my session .. i get the workspace drag problem again ...

??

www.spoonsound.com
Old 08-21-2010, 01:08 PM

I know this topic is a wee bit old but I really haven't been able to find solutions for this problem either. I haven't been using the workspace browser and thought I'd give it a try after I updated to 10.6.4 and 8.0.4 successfully. Everything works great EXCEPT the workspace browser. Importing any audio file causes it to crash still. And I am just using audio and no crazy plugins. So it looks like I'm in the same boat. Updates didn't fix anything. Anyone have any updates on how they fixed this issue?
Old 09-19-2010, 04:28 PM

I am now too experiencing this problem. Anytime I try and drag and drop files like samples or anything from the workspace I get the spinning beach ball of death and my only option is to force quit Pro Tools. Upon trying to restart Pro Tools I get the major crash where the screen goes dark and I am told to manually restart the computer by pressing the botton on the face of the computer tower.

I never had this problem before upgrading to Pro Tools 8.1cs1

My setup:
OS 10.6.4
2x3 Ghz Dual Core Xeon Processors
12GB Ram
Pro Tools 8.1cs1
When I upgraded Pro Tools to 8.1 I went through each 3rd party plug in and upgraded it to the compatability grid specs.

I also have another boot drive running OS 10.5.8 and either Pro Tools 8.0.3 or 8.0.4. I'm going to try running it on that drive with the outdated plug ins and everything and see if I get the problems dragging and dropping from workspace.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:13 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdolla80 View Post
I am now too experiencing this problem. Anytime I try and drag and drop files like samples or anything from the workspace I get the spinning beach ball of death and my only option is to force quit Pro Tools. Upon trying to restart Pro Tools I get the major crash where the screen goes dark and I am told to manually restart the computer by pressing the botton on the face of the computer tower.

I never had this problem before upgrading to Pro Tools 8.1cs1

My setup:
OS 10.6.4
2x3 Ghz Dual Core Xeon Processors
12GB Ram
Pro Tools 8.1cs1
When I upgraded Pro Tools to 8.1 I went through each 3rd party plug in and upgraded it to the compatability grid specs.

I also have another boot drive running OS 10.5.8 and either Pro Tools 8.0.3 or 8.0.4. I'm going to try running it on that drive with the outdated plug ins and everything and see if I get the problems dragging and dropping from workspace.
After you experience a crash like this, can you email me our log files folder from inside your Pro Tools folder? Just zip it up and email it to me at : vi [at] digidesign [dot] com.

Please put the thread number (245159) in the subject of the email.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:58 AM

Turn off airport !!! ...and disable any other networking over ethernet, bluetooth, firewire etc.

Reboot...and then there's no waiting for drag'n drop
Old 09-30-2010, 12:20 PM

I was dragging files from my portable hard drive in the workspace and I kept getting the spinning ball and had to quit PT every time. Not sure exactly what the problem ever was but I ended up auditioning the audio files in Quicktime, then exporting them from Quicktime to a folder on my computer's hard drive and it let me drag them in every time which I couldn't before. Maybe try doing something like that? It shouldn't be that difficult but if you're in a bind it works.