Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2005, 09:06 PM

Default Designing a tracking

First of all, yes, I know this is not exactly an ideal room to record in. But it's a home studio and it's the best I can do. I am hesitant to use fiber glass because it is a guest bedroom and I don't really want to be tearing down walls and what-not. The ceiling is 7 1/2ft high, the room is 12ft 10in in length, and 11ft 4in wide. It also has 4 electrical outlets. The walls are all flat and have a thin coat of paint(which stinks acoustically). I have a budget of about $1000. The computer and desk are in the adjacent room so this room will be used only for tracking. The floor is covered with carpet. I am in the process of building isolation walls out of plywood with foam on the inside that I will use to surround vocals, guitars, and bass. The room has a lot of nasty slapback echoes. I was thinking about treating the east wall with a lot of foam, putting less foam on the west wall in a different pattern, placing bass traps in the corners, and draping a curtain over the wooden shutters that I could put up and take down easily. It's not a very big room, so I think dead is probably best acoustically. I would really appreciate any suggestions. Thank you http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...7/room_107.jpg
Old 01-12-2005, 09:49 PM

Default Re: Designing a tracking

I've been checking out this site lately...

Primacoustic.com