Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 12-13-2010, 09:24 AM

Default Pro Tools Losing Internal Sync

Hey guys, anybody had this issue? Lately and seemingly randomly, pro tools will lose it's sync, even though it's set to internal sync, it then displays this message:

The SYNC video reference is not present. Although the system will still play, it will not properly align playback to a video frame edge until the video reference is restored.

I'm only used to seeing an error like that show up if I'm using an external sync source and it gets unpatched (usually on accident by a machine room person). In those cases I just re-patch and I'm good. But I'm not sure what could cause the sync I/O box to lose it's own internal sync...
Old 12-14-2010, 10:30 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Losing Internal Sync

Where having problems with one of our Sync HDs overheating and being useless unless it's powered down over night

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

PT11 System Requirements link http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/C...m-Requirements

Thank you,

Craig
Old 12-14-2010, 10:47 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Losing Internal Sync

Yes, I've noticed this ever since updating to PT8. If the SYNC is your loop master, PT will complain about missing video ref, even if it's set to internal clock.

If you aren't synching to a video device, assign your 192 (or whatever) as the loop master on internal sync, and the message should go away.