Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 11-14-2003, 11:38 PM

Default Reason Users: Dr. Rex Midi to Track?

Hey!

I am a brand new Reason 2.5 user.

I tried some Reason Forums but could not find any topics about my question, so I thought I would post it to my reliable/trustworthy DUC'ers.

I have the Turorial CD which show how a Dr.Rex drum loop quickly can be "Copied to Midi" simply by pressing the "Copy to Midi" button. This does not work for me.The only way I can get it to work is save Dr. Rex as Midi, (pull down) then re-import it. It takes about three minutes to do this. When you are previewing dozens of files it adds up. Anybody have this problem?
2xMacPro 2.66,002r,OSX 10.4.10,PT 7.4cs8
3xVisionDaw,NI Komplete,Yamaha 01V/96
Old 11-15-2003, 05:29 AM

Default Re: Reason Users: Dr. Rex Midi to Track?

"I have the Turorial CD which show how a Dr.Rex drum loop quickly can be "Copied to Midi" simply by pressing the "Copy to Midi" button. "

(Copies to the reason midi track and not into Pro Tools.)
(Export the reason midi file if you want these slices in protools.)

* In Reason, Just highlight a section you want Rex slices to be copied into.
press the "Copy to Midi" in the rex player. That's it.
If using Rewire, select your in/out using the reason transport in/ out entries..
The loop in/ out ruler selection does not work in Rewire slave mode as it does in Reason stand alone.
This works great. You can then edit slices individually.