Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2010, 04:33 PM

Default Question: Auto-locking and Mute locking

Before you go "he doesn't know this simple thing", let me tell you brain's absolutely dead right now... mush in fact :)

But, need to solve this problem that bugs me at the moment:

- Is there a way to set the automation mode (i.e. touch etc.) to "locked" for a channel ?

- Is there a way to set "mute" to "locked" for a channel ?

seems that everytime I accidentially do an all-mute, and then all un-mute, all my muted channels naturally have risen back from the dead and are now feeding through again, so like to find a solution to that (and yep, permently changing the output would do it, but that's not a good solution in this case)

Anybody please ?
Old 09-25-2010, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Question: Auto-locking and Mute locking

Not sure that I understand your first question - do you mean that you wish to be able to do a "change all" on the automation on all tracks except for one or a few that are "locked"?
If that is what you´re looking for, I think this passage in the ref. guide is for you:

To suspend automation for individual controls on a track:

1 In the Edit window, set the Track View selector to show the automation playlist for the control you want to suspend.

2 Do one of the following:
• To suspend writing and playback of auto- mation for only the displayed control, Control-click (Windows) or Command- click (Mac) the control name in the Track View selector.
• To suspend writing and playback of auto- mation for all controls, Control-Shift-click (Windows) or Command-Shift-click (Mac) the name of any control in the Track View selector.
• To suspend writing and playback of auto- mation for a specific control on all tracks, Control-Alt-click (Windows) or Command- Option-click (Mac) the name of the control in the Track View selector.

As far as question #2 goes, I see your agony there, have done that myself a couple of times. That has led me to do "deactivate and hide" on tracks I don´t use, but there are times when I want a track to be visual and more accessible than the deactivate and hidden ones, so I am also curious about how other users go about this problem!

Hope that helps a bit,

Simon