Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2004, 12:59 PM

Default Automation mode switching

I worked a lot with ProControl and I'm very much disappointed by the absence of track automation switching and automation arming buttons for level, pan, plugin etc on C8. Hey DIGI, do you plan to implement it in later firmware upgrades? Do your understand that this is essential for a mixing control surface? It is much more important than the ability to tweak plugins - this is faster done with a mouse.Or is C8 just for software synth tweaking??
Old 11-02-2004, 07:29 PM

Default Re: Automation mode switching

I gotta chime in and say that I agree with you!

With the way I prefer to mix, I don't like having to pre-select what write/update modes I'm working in.
Often I find myself being in touch mode and finding that I want to let go of a fader but leave it writing. On SSL and Flying Fader automation, this is easily taken care of with hitting the fader status button, taking the fader out of snap-back and you can let go and it keeps writing.

I'm finding workarounds, but they're just that.. and I wind up spending more time using the technical side of my brain instead of the creative side.

Greg Thompson
Old 12-27-2004, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Automation mode switching

bump